Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Suggested answer

Quick view Form data source not showing up

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hello,

I have to make the fields from entity 1( Attendee Registration) visible in entity 2(Contact)

1) I created a quick view form in Attendee Registration.

2) Then I went to the form from entity 2 (contacts) where I want to show up the fields from entity 1 (Attendee Registration)

From form> Insert>Quick View Form

In the pop-up; under data source I dont understand which look up field to select so that Attendee Registration is available in Related Entity dropdown and the newly created quick view form is available in Quick View Form dropdown.

80771.1.png

• Suggested answer
    PS Profile Picture
    PS 23,577 on at
    RE: Quick view Form data source not showing up

Select Entity 1 lookup, you must be aware of the name

• Suggested answer
    Haansi Profile Picture
    Haansi 1,431 on at
    RE: Quick view Form data source not showing up

[quote user="barve.anwaya09"]

In the pop-up; under data source I dont understand which look up field to select so that Attendee Registration is available in Related Entity dropdown and the newly created quick view form is available in Quick View Form dropdown.

[/quote]

To use Quick View you have to define 1: N relation ship between both entities, have you defined relationship ? That relationship will allow form showing relevant record. 

Quick view form are suitable to display one record or some columns of that record. Is your entity relationship correct ? Will there one Attendee Registration against a Contact ? If there will be multiple you can use sub grid instead of quick view form.

If entities relation is defined correctly you need to select entity and lookup field in data source. You can see these details under Settings > Customise the system > Entities.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,781 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,348 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans