Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Unanswered

Pegged supply production order in different site

Posted on by 15
Hello all, 

We are designing an implementation of production control where the finished good has sub production orders related to it in different sites. Pegged supply BOM type seems to be limited to a single site, is there any functionality that could achieve this ? 

Note : The subproduction order is make to order to the main production order, we would probably need some sort of marking/link between production order 1 and subproduction order (including any transfer orders)

Example : 

FG1 - Site 1, Warehouse 1
WIP 1 - Site 2, Warehouse 2
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Nigel J Cox Profile Picture
    Nigel J Cox 34 on at
    I'm very interested in why you don't want a planned transfer between Sites? Are they geographically very close? If so, I would have advised one site, two warehouses.

If they are remote, I would advise to plan a transfer. If remote, then establish planned transfer from Site 1 Warehouse1 to Site 2 Warehouse1 2 (either on the warehouse if almost everything from 2-2 goes to 1-1, or on Item Coverage). Now pegged supply on the Site 1 BOM should create planned transfers that would be pegged (must confess, that's what I've learned, but not tested). Ugly, but you would need to manually peg by Mark lines Site 2 Warehouse1 2 Productions to the Transfer orders once created (or a Customization?). Are you using Actual cost or Standard cost? Unless thinks have changed MSFT won't let you manually mark lines for standard cost items - I've been begging for that for years.
  • Tom Berry Profile Picture
    Tom Berry 93 on at
    I'm interested if you have found any information on this. I have a similar scenario where I need to make an item in a production warehouse then transfer it to a vendor warehouse for subcontracting work and consumption. Would be nice to create the TO that keeps the work order pegged to it. Would appreciate any info you have found. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,407 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,446 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans