Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Unanswered

API - Plugin is throwing an error - Developers?

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

A while back a Developer created a custom solution for us. They have since left and it is throwing errors when trying to run this process.

Having a hard time figuring7824.PluginTracelog.jpg out where to start even looking - I'm not a developer. Can someone maybe point me in the right direction?

Unhandled exception:
Exception type: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault]
Message: ISV code reduced the open transaction count. Custom plug-ins should not catch exceptions from OrganizationService calls and continue processing.Detail:
<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="">schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts">
<ActivityId>1127c9e1-4a11-4646-b82a-87032e374306</ActivityId>
<ErrorCode>-2146893812</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="">schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic">
<KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>
<d2p1:key>ApiExceptionSourceKey</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">Step/Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.AsynchronousStep</d2p1:value>
</KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>
<d2p1:key>ApiOriginalExceptionKey</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: ISV code reduced the open transaction count. Custom plug-ins should not catch exceptions from OrganizationService calls and continue processing.
at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.ExecutionContext.ThrowIfInvalidPluginTransaction(Int32 countThreshold)
at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.ExecutionContext.CommitTransaction(ProcessDependenciesOption option, FlushCacheOption flushOption)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.MessageProcessor.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ExtensiblePlatformMessageDispatcher.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext pluginContext)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ExtensiblePlatformMessageDispatcher.CreateWithInvocationSource(BusinessEntity entity, Int32 invocationSource, ExecutionContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass224_0.&lt;Create&gt;b__0()
at Microsoft.PowerApps.CoreFramework.ActivityLoggerExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, EventId eventId, ActivityType activityType, Func`1 func, IEnumerable`1 additionalCustomProperties)
at Microsoft.Xrm.Telemetry.XrmTelemetryExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, XrmTelemetryActivityType activityType, Func`1 func)
at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.AsyncOperationServiceInternal`1.Create(IBusinessEntity asyncOperation, ExecutionContext context, Boolean doPrivilegeCheck)
at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.AsyncQueue.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass0_0.&lt;Enqueue&gt;b__0()
at Microsoft.PowerApps.CoreFramework.ActivityLoggerExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, EventId eventId, ActivityType activityType, Func`1 func, IEnumerable`1 additionalCustomProperties)
at Microsoft.Xrm.Telemetry.XrmTelemetryExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, XrmTelemetryActivityType activityType, Func`1 func)
at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.AsyncQueue.Enqueue(AsyncRequest request, ExecutionContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.AsynchronousStep.RouteToAsyncService(PipelineExecutionContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.AsynchronousStep.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.SystemUserProxy.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.PipelineInstrumentationHelper.Execute(Boolean instrumentationEnabled, String stopwatchName, ExecuteWithInstrumentation action, PipelineExecutionContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.Pipeline.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass6_0.&lt;RunStep&gt;b__0()</d2p1:value>
<d2p1:key>ApiStepKey</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">7c72a20f-873a-e911-a975-000d3a18c732</d2p1:value>
<d2p1:key>ApiDepthKey</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">3</d2p1:value>
<d2p1:key>ApiActivityIdKey</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">1127c9e1-4a11-4646-b82a-87032e374306</d2p1:value>
<d2p1:key>ApiPluginSolutionNameKey</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">System</d2p1:value>
<d2p1:key>ApiStepSolutionNameKey</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">System</d2p1:value>
<d2p1:key>ApiExceptionCategory</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">ClientError</d2p1:value>
<d2p1:key>ApiExceptionMesageName</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">IsvTransactionCount</d2p1:value>
<d2p1:key>ApiExceptionHttpStatusCode</d2p1:key>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">400</d2p1:value>
</ErrorDetails>
<HelpLink>go.microsoft.com/.../
<Message>ISV code reduced the open transaction count. Custom plug-ins should not catch exceptions from OrganizationService calls and continue processing.</Message>
<Timestamp>2021-02-11T18:40:33</Timestamp>
<ExceptionRetriable>false</ExceptionRetriable>
<ExceptionSource>SdkClientError</ExceptionSource>
<InnerFault i:nil="true" />
<OriginalException>SdkClientError</OriginalException>
<TraceText i:nil="true" />
</OrganizationServiceFault>

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: API - Plugin is throwing an error - Developers?

Thank you so much for your insights. I understand your findings and will proceed with the steps you outlined. If I may ask - what path did you take to learn about this? I'd like to get more familiar. Can you recommend a book or class or youtube site? Thanks so much Kokulan!!

• Guido Preite Profile Picture
    Guido Preite 54,063 Moderator on at

without the plugin code would be difficult to understand the real issue, the error just show that an IOrganizationService operation is under a try/catch block

• Kokulan Profile Picture
    Kokulan 18,048 on at

Hi

It looks like the custom solution created by the developer performs an operation like Update, and that update is failing.  Since the exception is being swallowed by the custom code, the platform level exception handling mechanism complaints about error being supressed.. The above message does not have the details about actual reason for the fail.

If you have access to code, you could update it to allow it to throw exception and deploy the code again.

If you do not have access to code, the first thing you could try is to enable plugin trace and see if it logs more details like trace from custom code.

If you are familiar with the plugin registration tool, you can also use that to disable the offending plugin and see everything else works fine so that you can isolate the issue.

Also , have look at the following link

www.crmanswers.net/.../custom-plug-ins-should-not-catch-exceptions.html

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates