Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / DataEntity OData Call ...
Finance forum
Unanswered

DataEntity OData Call Returning 502 Bad Gateway Error in Application/Octet Format

Posted on by 30
Hi all, 

I'm currently facing an issue with my Logic App when attempting to insert records via OData calls to a Data Entity in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO).It's throwing a status code 502 & the JSON response content is returned in application/octet-stream format.

Upon decoding, it was an HTML code of a 502 Bad Gateway error pop-up box.

I need to understand Why is the response content encoded & returned in application/octet-stream instead of a string [Bad Gateway]?

Is there a way to configure the response headers in the D365FO environment to ensure that errors are returned in a string/text format rather than application/octet-stream?

Thanks !

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User on at
    DataEntity OData Call Returning 502 Bad Gateway Error in Application/Octet Format
    Another alternative is the Dataverse connector (with F&O data entities as virtual entities).

Before trying to import anything, are you able to successfully list entities (/data/ endpoint)?
  • Mahesh.0507 Profile Picture
    Mahesh.0507 30 on at
    Hi Martin Dráb !

Currently I'm not using any, this is a HTTP action. I've switched from F&O connectors to HTTP action OData calls due to rate limits.
  • Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User on at
    Which connector are you using in Logic Apps?

(Moved from Dynamics AX forum.)

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans