Skip to main content

Notifications

Customer Service forum
Suggested answer

Prevent users from seeing draft articles

Posted on by 35
Hi, is there a way to prevent users from seeing other people's draft articles and only see their published articles? 

I tried deactivating the draft articles view, but it removes this view in the whole environment even for system administrators. I only want customer service representatives to simply see all published articles and not other people's drafts. 
  • Suggested answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

Do you have any other questions? If you have any other questions feel free to ask me.
    If it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more. 

Best regards,
    Cui Hao
  • Suggested answer
    Daivat Profile Picture
    Daivat 440 on at
    Hello YB,

All the knowledge articles are stored under one common table. In respective to status (draft, published, expired).

Using security roles, the visibility can be managed to see their own, other articles owned by the user in the same business unit, or a parent-child business unit or organization level. 

You can change the view by applying a filter to only display published articles but at the security level, all users must see all the articles in the system. 

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Daivat Vartak

• Suggested answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

You can create your own personal view.

First you remove that filter in Mda and then click Apply.
    Next, you can save your own personal view, which can only be viewed by you.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
    Cui Hao

• YB Profile Picture
    YB 35 on at
    Hi, but if I did that on the different views that may contain other people's draft articles like "draft articles," "all articles," "proposed articles," I (as the approver) will no longer see the proposed articles. So, I need a way to limit these views only for users who have Customer Service Representative security role and not System Administrators. Is there a way to do that?
  • Suggested answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

After some testing, I realized that you can use filters for your needs.

You need to modify the view in PowerApps and publish it, in which case all users will be changed.

Then you click /Edit filters/ to edit the filter conditions so that users can only see their own drafts.

I tried this method and it works. I hope this helps.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
    Cui Hao

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

June 2024 Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter

Catch up on the latest news, events, and plans in the community

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,407 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,446 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics