Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Include extraordinary ...
Finance forum
Unanswered

Include extraordinary depreciation in depreciation proposal

Posted on by
Hi,

I'm trying to find the most efficient way to create extraordinary depreciation proposals across several legal entities.Currently, this type of depreciation is not included in the regular 'Create depreciation proposal' run. The only method I've found is using Fixed asset journals and Extraordinary depreciation proposal. However, with over 30 legal entities to manage, this process becomes very time-consuming.

The reason why I use Extraordinary depreciation is because we have certain assets that can be depreciated an additional 2% over six years, in addition to regular depreciation rate. 

I have also attempted to set up a batch job but have not been successful. Is there a standard solution available, or would development be necessary to streamline this process?
  • Suggested answer
    Giorgio Bonacorsi Profile Picture
    Giorgio Bonacorsi 346 on at
    Dear NV,

Correct me if I am wrong, but that I understood from your post there are two business requirements:

- After six years, add 2% of the acquisition amount as additional depreciation: Yes, it's possible to use extraordinary depreciation. You can create a manual deprecation period where, for the first 6 years, the rate is zero, and then begin with applying a depreciation based on the rate that you decided:

- Launch the depreciation calculation over 30 legal entities. The only way to do it automatically is to do it throughout the depreciation proposal, launching it as a batch. It's maybe an error with the batch (how to use the batch: https://dynamics365musings.com/manage-d365-batch-jobs/);

Sorry if I don't add alternative information, but it is only possible based on my awareness.

Thank you, 
    Giorgio

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,500 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi,

An extraordinary depreciation is not taken into account for the default depreciation proposal task. For your scenario, I would recommend a customization if it is really that time-consuming.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,500 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,426 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates