Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Can a D365 Advanced Find read/show contents from an Azure SQL Table or View?

Posted on by 15
Hi,
I understand Dynamics 365 Advanced Finds can present data that is either from a single table or from two tables that are directly related to each other, but it cannot present data from more than two tables.
I have a need to present data that is from multiple Dynamics 365 tables as well as third-party data. To bring this all together, I shall create a SQL View to show this merged data, or insert the merged data into a SQL Table.
My question is, is a Dynamics 365 Advanced Find able to read, so to show, the contents of an Azure SQL View or an Azure SQL Table, or both?

Is there anything special actions to perform to achieve this?
If a Dynamics 365 Advanced Find cannot reach outside of the Dataverse to be to read the contents of the View/Table, then would it need to have the Dataverse extract from the View/Table and store the data within a Dataverse table which then could this be shown via an Advanced Find?
Thanks.
  • Suggested answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

Do you have any other questions? If you have any other questions feel free to ask me.
    If it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more. 

Best regards,
    Cui Hao
  • Suggested answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

Dynamics 365 Advanced Find is primarily about displaying and querying data in the Dataverse, it cannot directly read the contents of Azure SQL views or Azure SQL tables.
    As you mentioned, you can extract data from a view/table and store the data in a Dataverse table. You can then use Dynamics 365 Advanced Find to query and display this data. It's a viable approach.

I have another idea that you can experiment with, you can use Virtual Tables to connect to external data sources. Virtual tables represent data from external data sources in the Dataverse.
    In this way, you can use virtual tables in Dynamics 365 applications just like any other table, including querying virtual tables in Advanced Find.
    For more information on connecting virtual tables to external data sources, you can refer to this official link I've posted below:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/data-platform/create-virtual-tables-using-connectors?tabs=sql

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
    Cui Hao

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,480 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,450 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans