Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

GL Accounts used during Revaluation

Posted on by 185

If I'm using the Purchasing Series revaluation (Tools - Routines - Financial - Revaluation) process, where is GP pulling the GL accounts from when creating the GL posting batch? I'm selecting Unrealized Gain/Loss and creating a reversing entry.

Thanks - Ron

• Ron Alexander Profile Picture
    Ron Alexander 185 on at
    RE: GL Accounts used during Revaluation

Thanks for the update.  To add some additional detail to the question.  I setup the GL accounts in the windows you mentioned.  I have the Purchasing Offset GL account as 2500-00 and my Gain / Loss Accounts as 6000-00.

I entered a Payables Transaction for $100 with an exchange rate of 1.00 on Jan 15 and posted it using GL account 2000-00 for the Payables credit amount.

I then went through the Purchasing Revaluation process and used an exchange rate of 1.15 on Jan 31.  The GL posting batch debited the 6000-00 for $15 and credited the 2000-00 for $15.

Does the Purchasing Revaluation look at the payables account of each invoice to determine which account to offset the gain / loss entry?  In my testing, it appears to use the invoice AP account, not the Purchasing Offset account from the setup windows.

Thanks - Ron

• Suggested answer
    RE: GL Accounts used during Revaluation

Hello Ron!  There are a couple different places to look for what these accounts will be. They will either be on the Currency Setup(Administration >> Setup >> System >> Currency) or on the Rate Types (Financial >> Setup >> Financial >> Rate Types).  Let us know if you need anything else.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans