Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Custom Security Config...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Custom Security Configuration

Posted on by 1,847

Hi,

I am looking for some resources to get started with Security. I am aware of the basics privleges, duties and roles and the Security Configuration in System Administration.

Are there any tools that can help the learning curve? For Eg. I wanted to Give a user read only access to CustomerOpenInvoiceListPage form + the user should also be able to generate the reports from there. I had to do lot of iterations, each time there's an error while generating report (Sensitive Customer Information, Bank Account Information etc.), I would go to view permissions, find the security object and then assign the privilege. I first went to table level but later found out that there are some ready privileges to cater for the error. But this took lot of time.

Is there a better way? So many iterations seems like a lot of burden if there are many security tasks.

• Suggested answer
    Bharath jain Profile Picture
    Bharath jain 742 on at
    Custom Security Configuration
    Hi,

You need to juggle between roles and privileges to achieve that. You can check the standard roles, and you can also use 'options' in every form to find the required roles or privileges."

You can check the below link if that helps.

Regards,
    Bharath Jain

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,706 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans