Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Suggested answer

Validate a Production order before Report as Finished

Posted on by 458
Hi ,

I have a requirement to validate a Production order whenever a user tries to do a RAF (Report as finished).
Eg. Item A is consisting of items x,y,z and the Prod order PO-123 has only consumed item x,y then in that case it should give an error when the user tried to do RAF posting.
/Cannot do RAF as item z is not consumed in Prod order PO-123/.
This RAF can be done via different API's as well.
Can you please help me which section I need to code or where should i look to fix this issue,

Thanks,
VK
  • Suggested answer
    Mariano Melo Profile Picture
    Mariano Melo 339 on at
    Hi Vicky!
    Adding to what Kevin said, Unfortunately, you cannot verify if items are consumed (because you could have differences in estimated consumption vs real consumption).
    you have two options.
    • Backflushing, wich means automatic consumption on order start. this will create an automated picking journal, that consumes the BOM of the stock.
      • here you have two of options: creating the journal but not post it, so an user can post it before order is finished or create it and automatically post it:
    Or you can leave that option open and work with controls before Order is ended, and consume that missing items in a manual journal after RAF is posted.

If you opt for a customized option, you will have to intervene the RAF journal and validate against the BOM. 
    The downside of this customization is that you cannot have any substitution that is not reported on the BOM.
    As i can see this customization is basically limiting the production order consumption to be as similar as a backflusing but to not accepting any scrap or substitution.

• Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    Based on the problem you described, it seems that you have a problem with how to Validate a Production order before Report as Finished. You can refer to this document: Report a production order as finished - Supply Chain Management | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn.
    Best regards,
    Kevin

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans