Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

Error encountered running an Integration: Unknown Great Plains field subtype '18215'

Posted on by 340

I am running a Vendor Master integration and the integration was ran without any problem until about 450 records. Then I received 11 'Unknown Great Plains field subtype '18215'" errors in a row. 

If you know what this is, and if you were able to resolve the underlying issue that caused it, please let me know.

My research on the error has so far yielded no results.

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    RE: Error encountered running an Integration: Unknown Great Plains field subtype '18215'

I didn't find anything specific to 18215 and the 'Unknown Great Plains field subtype' is a generic message without knowing what the value references.

The fact that the integration runs for about 450 records and then stops, throwing this error, makes me think it is pretty much a timeout type of issue that we'll see with Integration Manager, especially when not using an eConnect adapter, which being a Vendor integration, it would be using a standard adapter, not eConnect.

You can try enabling logging for IM to see if that shows more information:

1. In the Integration Manager code directory, open the Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrationManager.exe.config file in NotePad and change the first and third lines of the following, to be a 1, such as this:

<switches>

<add name="IMTracingOn" value="1"/>

<add name="TraceGPScriptInstructions" value="0"/> (do not switch this one, it’s for Development)

<add name="TraceGPDexInstructions" value="1"/>

</switches>

Save changes and close this config file.

2. Right-click and choose 'Run As Administrator' when launching both Dynamics GP and Integration Manager. You must use 'Run As Administrator' on both in order for the IMTraceLog.txt file to be created.

3. Run the integration and re-create this error message about 'unknown Great Plains Field SubType' and '18215', then look for the IMTraceLog.txt file, which should be found in the Integration Manager root directory.

I'd also look in the Event Viewer logs where Dynamics GP and Integration Manager are installed, to see if those show any additional information.

Thanks,

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,581 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,815 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans