Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Invoice has different ...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Invoice has different payment terms

Posted on by 45
Hi experts,

i have an issue where customer has net 30 terms of payment however invoice is posted as Cash in advance and invoice and due has same dates. I noticed that Sales Order has “Cash in advance “ as Payment terms under Price & Discount. 

I tried to replicate for this issue and invoice was posted with Net 30 terms of payment. Only possibility I can find that user has changed the Payments under Price and Discount in Sales order level.

Can anyone advise if there is any other posting the invoice as Cash in advance when actual terms of payment is Net 30?

Thanks in advance!
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    HI,

I don't know how the EDI orders are flowing into your Dynamics 365 environment. You can check if the order with the wrong terms was a manual entry or EDI imported. 
    It is possible to setup database log or alerts in case the terms of payments changed to know when it happened.  
  • CU21081751-4 Profile Picture
    CU21081751-4 45 on at
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. They have both manual orders and EDI integrated orders. Is there any possibility that EDI order has different terms of payment entered which over rides default payment terms in customer master?

And in case user changed payments terms in Sales order, is there any way to track this through logs?

Thanks in advance
  • Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi Community user,

Are you using Commerce where orders are synchronized to Dynamics 365 or is the order created manually. In case it was entered manually, the user should have changed the terms of payment manually to get a different setting compared to the default on the customer master.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates