Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Entity import error | ...
Finance forum
Unanswered

Entity import error | The value 'abc' in field 'Custom field' is not found in the related table

Posted on by 70
Hello,

Requirement: Extend MainAccountEntity and add 3 additional field that are already present in the main account form. All three fields have separate master table.

Issue: While publishing the data, if we have values in those 3 custom fields, I'm getting following error:

-> A row update in data set MainAccounts was not published. Error message: 'Field validation failed on table of type 'MainAccountEntity' for the following fields: CustomField1.
Infolog: Warning: The value 'abc' in field 'Custom field' is not found in the related table 'Custom field master'..'

I already have the same data in master table which I'm trying to insert, with relation. additionally i have added the field in entity and staging table extension with relation. 
if i enter the same value from main account form then i can see the value after refresh.

Please suggest how can i resolve this
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Entity import error | The value 'abc' in field 'Custom field' is not found in the related table
    Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your reply. I have deleted your reply from the wrong account and marked the reply that you were not able to mark. 
  • KrishnaD_ Profile Picture
    KrishnaD_ 70 on at
    Hello Waed,

"do you mean you are trying to add values don't exist on the related table?" - No, I was able update same value that exist on master through front end but not through excel.

"Are you added the related table as ready on in the entity?" - Yes, the relations existed and were correct.

Hello Andre,

Thankyou it worked on development after model build, sync and entity list refresh. Actually there was an error on entity list refresh but once that got resolved, it worked.

Thanks

Also, Not able to mark Andre answer as varified.
    Hi Krishna,

If it is working correctly in a test environment, try to build the full model, start a full DB sync and refresh the entity list in your development environment.
  • Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 5,451 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi,

I don't understand this part ( i put the same value from main account form then i can see them in entity refresh), do you mean you are trying to add values don't exist on the related table? Are you added the related table as ready on in the entity?

Thanks,
    Waed Ayyad
    If this helped, please mark it as "Verified" for others facing the same issue

• KrishnaD_ Profile Picture
    KrishnaD_ 70 on at
    Hi Waed,

Yes i did check the value, they exist, as I said if i put the same value from main account form then i can see them in entity refresh. And there was no custom code so i didn't try tracing.

Hi Andre,

Table relations are correct.

Strange part it was deployed to UAT afterwards and it's working fine. But in DEV the issue is still there

Thanks
  • Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 5,451 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi,

Did you try to trace the code?  Did you check the value in the related table?

Thanks,
    Waed Ayyad
    If this helped, please mark it as "Verified" for others facing the same issue

Hi Krishna,

You can take a shortcut and remove validations for the field, but then there might be a chance that you get invalid values imported. Have you checked if the table relations are correct?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates