Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / The operation is takin...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

The operation is taking a long time to process, click wait to keep waiting for it to complete

Posted on by 10
Hi MS team,

Greetings of the day.

Step1- I created sales order so simultaneously Intercompany purchase order is created.

Step 2- I entered Item no, quantity & price under sales order lines, then clicked save button in sales order page.

Step 3- The screen shows "Please wait. We are processing your request." this message remain on the screen more than 5 minutes.

Step 4- The after a pop message is observed that "The operation is taking a long time to process, click wait to keep waiting for it to complete."

Step 5- I clicked on Wait button, then it again shows "Please wait. We are processing your request." 

Step 6- After that I refreshed the browser, I found - the item details I have entered that line got deleted automatically.

The above cycle is still continuing but I am unable to save the sales order

I wanted to know what are possible causes due to which I am unable to save the sales order.

Please support asap.

Regards,
Gopal Krushna Behera

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Alireza Eshaghzadeh Profile Picture
    Alireza Eshaghzadeh 11,387 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    The operation is taking a long time to process, click wait to keep waiting for it to complete
    Hi,
    This issue likely requires further investigation related to the several aspects including not standard functionalities (customization and ISV) to identify the root cause. It would be helpful if you could create a trace of this routine and send it to the technical resource for deeper analysis. Additionally, it might be worth considering registering a case with Microsoft for more comprehensive support.
  • the operation is taking a long time to process, click wait to keep waiting for it to complete

Hi Gopal,

I'm afraid that it's impossible to help based on the information available. Your best bet is to have your vendor or Internal IT investigate the issue; having access to the systems is crucial for investigating this.

It could be a lot of things. This is something that many people do every day without issues.

Some of the questions I have at the top of my mind:

• How big is your order? 100+ lines?
    • You posted a screen shot from UAT. Is this also an issue in PROD?
    • Are you running F&O in the cloud or on-premise?
    • What version are you on? Are you behind on updates?
    • Maybe someone is running a heavy batch job while you are working?
    • Is there some customization made to your system that causes it to go into an infinite loop?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans