Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Unanswered

AX2012 Help Server 403 Forbidden

Posted on by 4,070

In most of our test environments (all one computer), help server is working fine.  On our live server, however, it's acting funny.

I can press F1 and pull up help and I see all the contents on the left, but the page on the right says:

The website declined to show this webpage

Most likely causes:
- This website requires you to log in.

More information:
This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that this program was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

What's going on?  I've been messing around with the application pool, website, and directory permissions but nothing seems to help.  Another oddity is when I Test Settings (ISS -> Sites -> DynamicsAXHelpServer -> Basic Settings... -> Test Settings...) I get the following error:

There was an error while performing this operation.

Details:
Invalid application path

How can I get Help back on its feet?

• Andy Adamak Profile Picture
    Andy Adamak 4,070 on at
    Re: AX2012 Help Server 403 Forbidden

I've checked and double checked all of the above... still doesn't work.  Any other ideas before I completely remove & reinstall it this weekend?

• Re: AX2012 Help Server 403 Forbidden

Need to test the following aspects to solve "403 Forbidden" issue:

First check whether the help server is installed in right place (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\DynamicsAX6HelpServer). And also check if the same is mentioned in IIS --> DynamicsAXHelpServer -->Basic Settings.

Then check whether the windows authentication is enabled for help server IIS. IIS -->DynamicsAXHelpServer --> Authentication.

Usually, a 403 status code indicates that the client cannot access the requested resource. It could be because a wrong username or password were sent in the request, or that the permission on the server is not allowing what is being asked. It is suggested that you go through the following link: technet.microsoft.com/.../gg866978.aspx to set up a .Net Business connector account and other configurations again step by step.

If this does not resolve the issue, then you might have to repair the Help Server installation by giving AOS.

Andy Adamak 4,070 on at

I've already gone through the setup/verification of these settings a few times... I have everything set (including the BC Proxy Account), but still getting the above results.

• Re: AX2012 Help Server 403 Forbidden

Hi Andy,

Here is the suggested answer and hope it helps!

403 Forbidden is an erron in Internet Explorer. This means that there is a security issue in Internet Explorer. In order to resolve this issue, do the following: Go to- AX System Account Settings >> BC Proxy Account and AOS Service Execution. Ensure that the account here is validated.

Andy Adamak 4,070 on at

I was able to get back to this problem this week, and I STILL cannot get Help server up.  Any point in the right direction would be most helpful

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans