Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Unanswered

Extending DataBase Log

Posted on by 4
I have 3 requirements

1. Database log by default cleaned up for every 30 days. Can I retain or extend it??
2. Need to retain the last latest record for each table in Database log and prevent from automatic clean up after 30 days.
Suppose 30 changes are made to Method of payment table , which creates 30 records in database log . As per default 30 records are been deleted when automatic database log clean up is done, but I need to keep latest record in table instead of deleting all records. How can I achieve this?
3. Can we maintain of copy of Database log in to other table?? 

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 224,741 Super User on at
    Extending DataBase Log
    Which version of AX are you using? Are you saying that the number of days is hard-coded somewhere and you can't change the range value? Anyway, if it can't be set up, you can always change code of the class

Writing code that'll keep a record for each table ID surely is possible (but it'll be much less efficient).

Developing a solution for copying some data to your table is possible too. You can also export the data outside F&O (e.g. to a data warehouse), but note that interpreting DB log data is tricky.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Can you answer this forum question?

You could make someone's day!

Community Newsletter - May 2024

Kudos to our community stars!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 283,663 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture