Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Account Structure - Us...
Finance forum
Answered

Account Structure - Using the same 'Main Account' in 2 different Account Structures

Posted on by 20
Hello,

1. I have a 'Accounts Receivable' Main account which is valid for both of my Legal entities
2. This Main account is already part of an existing Account Structure called 'AR' for both Legal entities
3. I created a new custom Financial Dimension - 'CashCollection'. 
4. I then created a New Account Structure = 'CashCollection' which includes the new custom Financial Dimension and the above Main account for 1 LE only

My question is
a. if its OK to include the “Accounts Receivable' account in 2 different/separate Account Structures – AR as well as CashCollection?
b. Do I need to update the existing Financial Dimension formats with the new ‘CashFlow’ financial dimension or create a new one to include Operator-MainAccount-Cashflow?

This is urgent and any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you
  • Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Account Structure - Using the same 'Main Account' in 2 different Account Structures
    Hi,

In case your question is answered, would you mind marking the reply or replies that helped you? You can do that by marking the tickbox at each reply in front of the text Does this answer your question? 
  • SV-18061727-0 Profile Picture
    SV-18061727-0 20 on at
    Thank you everyone for replying
  • Verified answer
    BillurSamdancioglu Profile Picture
    BillurSamdancioglu 13,216 Super User on at
    You need to create two different account structures and assign each in each legal entity in ledger seperately.
  • Suggested answer
    Prem Kumar Bachu Profile Picture
    Prem Kumar Bachu 3,412 on at
    Hi,

You can only map one main account in one activated accounts structure for the legal entity, you cannot map same main account in another accounts structure. The other question is about financial dimension sets for reporting, you can create new financial dimension set for your reporting purpose.
  • Suggested answer
    SV-18061727-0 Profile Picture
    SV-18061727-0 20 on at
    Thank you for your response.

In the current environment, the existing "AR" Account Structure is

I would like to define a new Account Structure for 1 LE only
    1. Is it OK to include the “Accounts Receivable' account in 2 different/separate Account Structures – AR as well as CashCollection?

2. Do I need to update the existing Financial Dimension formats with the new ‘CashFlow’ financial dimension or create a new one to include Operator-MainAccount-Cashflow?
  • Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Hi,

I have one answer and one question for more clarity. 

a. In case both Account structures will be linked to a single Ledger, there will be a validation error. You can have the same main account in different account structures only if these account structures are not used for the same legal entity.

b.  Can you explain your question? What is in your environment "Operator-MainAccount-Cashflow"?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans