Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Integration with Dynam...
Finance forum
Answered

Integration with Dynamic 365 Finance and operation with ODATA

Posted on by 72
Hello,

I am just a beginner and try to develop an app for one of the customers with F&O and I can see there is a ODATA REST API through that I can create a sale order on their F&O account.

So, before I move forward for development I just wanted to confirm and make sure that ODATA URLs are always customized? right?

for ex. https://abc.operations.dynamics.com/data/Customers is the ODATA URL to get a list of customers so this URL entity name /Customers/ always different with other F&O accounts?

Categories:
  • Community member Profile Picture
    Community member 72 on at
    Hello Martin,

If I combine all 3 responses then I get an overview that there are some common ODATA entities that by default come from Microsoft but after that, it depends on the customer whether they want to go with the default one or they need customization for their business so depend on that they will create a new customize entity with a different name and will add more objects on it.

So thank you so much to all for the responses and it's really appreciated.

Currently I am unable to undo my action like I tried but it's loading for a long time and nothing change so I will undo it later once possible.
  • Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User on at
    Ruchita, you've marked Kevin's answer as the verified one, but unfortunately it's wrong.
    The URL is incorrect, because you must use the public collection name (such as Customers), and the reply ignores the fact that there are multiple entities for the same purpose. For example, using "Customers" would be a bug, because the entity is obsolete and will be removed at some point. You need to take that into account when designing your solution. Don't believe his statement that the same entity will always be used to get a list of customers.
  • Verified answer
    Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    The OData URLs used to interact with F&O are typically not customized and follow a standardized pattern based on the entity and data model of F&O. The base OData URL for F&O instances is usually structured as follows: https://<your-environment-name>.operations.dynamics.com/data/<entity-name>, where <your-environment-name> is specific to your F&O environment and <entity-name> corresponds to the entities available in F&O's data model.
    For example, to retrieve a list of customers, the OData URL will follow this pattern: https://<your-environment-name>.operations.dynamics.com/data/Customer. This means that the entity name /Customer will remain consistent across different F&O accounts.
    Best regards,
    Kevin
  • Suggested answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User on at
    They will have the same code from Microsoft, including the value of Public Collection Name property. Therefore if they use the same entity, the name will be the same.
    But note that they could use a different entity (e.g. CustomersV3/CustCustomerV3Entity, because Customers/CustCustomerEntity is already obsolete) or create a custom entity.
  • Community member Profile Picture
    Community member 72 on at

Ok, so this <public collection name> will be always same for all the F&O account?

I mean in the future, if another customer come then entity name will be the same only front URL will be change like https://xyz.operations.dynamics.com/data/Customers 

• Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 3,904 on at

The URL :  URL /data/<public collection name>

URL : D365 FO  Environment URL
    <public collection name>: the name of the data entity that you will consume from API

If you want to use the Customers data entity then yes it will be : URL/Data/Customers

Regards,
    Waed Ayyad

Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans