Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Exporting data from a ...
Finance forum
Answered

Exporting data from a Virtual entity to Azure SQL Database using BYOD

Posted on by 88
Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.

I need to set up a data export process from a virtual entity to Azure SQL Database.
I have already created the Azure SQL Database and then set up authentication using /Configure entity export to database/ but when I try to search for the virtual entity I need, I can't find it in the list of entities that I can publish.
Am I on the right track or is there something wrong?
  • Ali AbdAlNasser Profile Picture
    Ali AbdAlNasser 88 on at
    Hello Mr. Andre Arnaud.

Thank you for engaging with my question, I truly appreciate it, but this is not what I was looking for.
    Thank you again for giving me some of your valuable time, I appreciate it.
    Ali AbdAlNasser 88 on at
    Hello Mr. Martin Dráb.

Thank you for your clear answer, you answered exactly what I wanted.
    I have been trying for two hours to put "Does this answer your question", but to no avail. I have tried this on more than one browser, but it seems that the problem is from Microsoft.

​​​​​​​
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User on at
    Hi Ali,

In case the list with entities is empty, you can go to the (Data management) Framework parameters form. On the tab Entity settings, click on the action button Refresh entity list. This will build up the list with data entities for your environment. Note that it runs in the background and can take 10-15 minutes to load all details.

• Verified answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User on at
    BYOD feature in F&O allow you export F&O data entities to your database. Virtual entities are something else - it's a concept of Dataverse, not F&O. While BYOD allows you to export data from F&O, it doesn't support exporting data from Dataverse. That would require a different approach.

If you your virtual entity is backed by an F&O data entity (and it supports data management), then you can export this F&O data entity (instead of the Dataverse virtual entity) to your DB through BYOD.
    Ali AbdAlNasser 88 on at
    Hello Mr. Andre Arnaud, I am pleased with your response to my inquiry.

In fact, I just want to make sure that extracting data from a Virtual entity is possible when using the BYOD technology, which requires Azure Database and Entity to be available. But I will explain to you what I specifically want.
    I have an Azure SQL Database and I want to export some data from D365 FO to Azure SQL Database. When I searched for this matter, I came across several articles like: D365 Finance and Operations integration using BYOD

But when I tried to apply the mentioned steps, I found that I couldn't find the entity that needs to be exported. After that, I understood that there is another type of entity called Virtual entity, which made me wonder why I can find the entity normally but I can't find the Virtual entity, and this is what made me ask my question.

I want to export a Virtual entity named: InventTransBiEntity.

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User on at
    Hi Ali,

When you talk about a Virtual entity, is your question about Dynamics 365 F&O? Can you explain what application you are using and where you are stuck? 

If the question is about Dynamics 365 F&O, can you check if the entity is visible on the form Target entities?
    Ali AbdAlNasser 88 on at
    Exporting data from a Virtual entity to Azure SQL Database using BYOD.
    Hello Layan Jwei.
    I am grateful for your interaction with me, but this is not the way I am looking for.
  • Layan Jwei Profile Picture
    Layan Jwei 4,845 Super User on at

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans