Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Unanswered

Statements & Report Writer: Add SOP User Defined Fields

Posted on by 1
Hello, everyone.

I'm hoping someone can assist me with adding an SOP User Defined field to our statements.

I have Report Writer and templating all figured out--to a basic level at least.  What is tripping me up is getting the SOP User Defined X fields I want to actually show data when I run the statements.  Any other fields I want seem to work fine, but specifically the User Defined just remaind blank.

I have ensured the table is added to the report and that a relationship exists--I tried both the RM Open File table and the RM Statement Transaction Temp table, by linking SOP type and SOPNUMBE to Document ID.  Validate does not complain, but yet my fields remain unpopulated in my reports.

If anyone has slain this particular beast and can give me the secret to linking tables to the 'current file' in a situation like statements have, I would be estatic.

Somewhat frustrating to have so much trouble doing something is report writer that is so trival in SQL or Power Query....
  • AKampen Profile Picture
    AKampen 1 on at
    Thanks for the tip on adding the relationship fields to the report.  While that seems obvious now, it had not occured to me.

I'm sure you are correct about the RM and SOP document types!  I was not aware GP swapped the meaning of the integers.

I'm shelving this particular project for the time being, but when I cycle back around to reports and templates I'll be sure to employ these tips and try again.
  • David Musgrave MVP GPUG All Star Legend Moderator Profile Picture
    David Musgrave MVP ... 13,841 Moderator on at
    Hi

I believe that the issue is probably to do with the table relationship or the data in the report's temporary tables.

Please add the fields you are trying to use for the relationship to the report itself so you can see if they have the correct values.

Please note that the RM Document Type cannot be used for SOP Type as the values do not line up. For example: RM Sales = 1 and SOP Invoice = 3.

If you are unable to create a valid relationship, then I would recommend using GP Power Tools - Developer Tools to create a custom RW function which could retrieve the data you need back into a calculated field.

FYI: I added a suite of RW functions into code for GP v7.0, which includes getting to the text field on the user defined fields, but not the simple user defined fields. Sorry, an RW function for them would have been handy too.

Regards

David

Kind regards

David

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,665 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,971 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans