Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Microsoft Dynamics AX Design Patterns

Posted on by 125

Hi friends,

I have gone through this below link 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamicsax-2012/developer/microsoft-dynamics-ax-design-patterns

even though i cant understand about design patters. Why we want to use the design patterns and what its use in ax. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

• Suggested answer
    MadhuJaisankar Profile Picture
    MadhuJaisankar 125 on at
    RE: Microsoft Dynamics AX Design Patterns

Thank you for your response Nikolaos. Ya This is a relevent answer to my question.

• Suggested answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User on at

I think you should look at a definition of design patterns first. For example, this is the first paragraph of the Wikipedia article:

In software engineering, a software design pattern is a general, reusable solution to a commonly occurring problem within a given context in software design. It is not a finished design that can be transformed directly into source or machine code. It is a description or template for how to solve a problem that can be used in many different situations. Design patterns are formalized best practices that the programmer can use to solve common problems when designing an application or system.

• Verified answer
    nmaenpaa Profile Picture
    nmaenpaa 101,148 on at

It's a list of best practices / guidelines on how you should implement your code, to make it work with the same logic than the standard application. And also utilize existing solutions and patterns instead of reinventing the wheel.

So, you want to use these patterns to make sure the look&feel and general logic of your solution matches the one of the standard application. Some of the guidelines help you offer future developers the same "developer look&feel" for your objects vs the standard objects.

Did this answer your question?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans