Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Deployment to producti...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Deployment to production exclude custmisation by package selection

Posted on by 44
Hello,

I want to do a deployment to production but I want to exclude a customisation which has been deployed to UAT already and should not be deployed to production at this time.

Because everything in UAT is deployed to production, I am concerned when I deploy a certain package, that all the deployed  customisations that are in UAT, are going to be deployed to Production.

This is what I've done so far. I created a deployment package, let's call it package 1, with customisation A and B in it and deployed it to UAT.

After a while, I create another deployment package, let's call it package 2, with customisation A, B and C in it and deployed it to UAT.

So now UAT contains customisation A, B anc C and there are two different deployment packages in the Asset Library.

My question is, if I deploy package 1 containing customisation A and B, are those the only two customisations that will be deployed to production? Is that correct?

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    MuthukumaranAX Profile Picture
    MuthukumaranAX 2,897 on at
    Yes, if you deploy package 1 only customization A and B will be deployed to Prod (considering that you have marked the package 1 as release candidate)
  • Suggested answer
    Deepak Agarwal Profile Picture
    Deepak Agarwal 132 on at
    Hello,

Yes, your understanding is correct. Microsoft forced to use sandbox in the middle to have package first then use this package (from environment history not from Asset library). 
    In your case, you already used Package 1 with customization A and B and even if you deployed further packages to UAT, you can still use Package 1 to promote to Production with Customization A and B only. 
  • Suggested answer
    Anthony Blake Profile Picture
    Anthony Blake 1,257 on at
    Packages are no longer applied to Production Environments. Production environment updates are image based.

If you promote the correct image (the one containing "package 1"), your Production environment will be in an identical state to the image including Service and Quality updates.

Make sure you read this:

It's really important to understand the differences between applying a deployable package to a sandbox environment and the updating Production with a Sandbox Image.

• Layan Jwei Profile Picture
    Layan Jwei 4,815 Super User on at
    Hi FO user,

How are you deploying to Prod? What is the process?
    If you are deploying just 1 and 2(package 1 only), then yes, only 1 and 2 will go and you will be fine. But if you are moving everything from UAT to prod then 1,2 and 3 will go to Prod(in this case maybe you can rollback from UAT what you don't want to go to Prod)

Thanks,
    Layan Jweihan
    Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future
  • Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Hi FO user,

Your understanding is correct. Not the contents of UAT, but the contents of the deployable package will be deployed to the production environment. If you install package 1, in this case customization C is not included.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans