Skip to main content

Notifications

Finance forum
Unanswered

ISV for AR and AP

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

what are the pros and cons of integrating with  ISV AR and AP solutions? We are looking at versapay and sksoft. versapay is more of an independent solution, while sksoft is more tailored for D365. We are in the process of phasing out existing ERPs and replacing them with D365, but it will take years to complete. Anyone has experience integrating with AP/AR ISVs out there which they could share? 

• ISV for AR and AP
    I would say the benefit of using ISV solution for AP automation is that, firstly they should ideally be Microsoft certified or listed on the Microsoft Marketplace, that ensures that you will be supported with every Microsoft patch and update that becomes available. 
    Secondly to have an AP solution that supports native functions within the core ERP, so there isn't a need to change processes in Dynamics to compensate for the lack of functionality in the ISV solution due to it being a generic offering.
    `
    I have a whole host of points that i can share if you're interested.
    Kind regards
    SignUp Software, creators of ExFlow for Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations.
  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: ISV for AR and AP

Hello,

1. For AP solution: We don't have ISV but have used another third party company (Accelim) to help. Accelim solution can support for any ERP system so it requires some efforts from D365 developer. I did post the details in AXUG group when discussing with some folks there so I copy my post to here:

We are using Accelim solution for our AP automation in AX2009 (for 3 years) and now D365 (4 months). We have upgraded our AX2009 to D365 and gone live with D365 since May-2018.

Accelim provides the OCR solution for reading/scanning our invoices and sends back to AX2009/D365 the flat files for creating invoice journal (for non-PO invoice) and Pending vendor invoices for 2-way, 3-way matching (POs for indirect  and receipts for direct ). Besides we also capture the sales tax, mics charges, freight charge ..etc.  We are using this process for US entity, other entities outside US.

Accelim also provides the approval workflow for invoice approval (2-way matching for completed service)  and for non-PO invoice approval by sending email to requester/managers, FP&A (only for non-PO invoice). For doing this, Accelim is using our approval limit and employee hierarchy in Ax2009/D365, similar to the Purchase Requisition's approval process.

Besides, our users can see the status of payments for their invoices in Accelim as well.

It's perfect solution for us and helps us to close the book quickly.

2. For AR solution :

- We have built our own solution to integrate with SFDC (salesforce) to generate the sales orders in D365 automatically :from opportunity to sales order.

-  We have built our own solution with our 3PL in term of all EDI messages between my company and 3PL for work orders for ASN (advance shipment notice). I believe Data Masons (D365 ISV) has this solution as well. We have to track all serial numbers for our products shipped to customers so with this solution,  picking list (with serial number detail) will be posted automatically when receiving ASN from the 3PL and packing slip will be posted automatically as well.

- We are using AvalaraTax (D365 ISV) for sales tax when issuing invoices

Should you have any question, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to share

Thanks,

Vy

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

I'm NOT looking for advices on specific vendors, but in general the ROI on ISV AR solutions. When does it work well, when it does not? Is stock features in D365 not sufficient? How many people out there are using ISV AR solutions?

• Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at

Hi,

Have you asked both of the ISVs for references?

Once you have them you can approach the companies that use their products directly and ask about their experience.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,377 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans