Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

Cash Batch and Bank Fees

Posted on by 6
Importing a Cash Receipts Batch would normally Debit Cash for the amount of the Check and Credit an A/R account for the same amount which is also the total of the invoices being paid (Entries in the RRM20201 Open Transactions Apply table).

However US Bank when depositing money in our  KeyBank account for a customer, will keep 1.3% or so as a fee.

So when I import the Cash batch, I want the PYMNT record to Debit Cash for the amount of the check, Credit the A/R account for sum of the amount being applied and then also Debit a /Fee/ account for the amount of the Bank so that the Debits / Credits balance.
Example:
Account      Debit Amt     Credit Amt
Cash            34,449.13
A/R                                   34,898.32
Fee Acct          449.19

When I do this, and try tp post the batch in GP, I get an error message:  /The Accounts Receivable Distribution does not equal the Actual Amount/  even the the entry is in balance.

The Post report shows the correct distribution, and it lists the individual invoices being applied that equal the A/R Credit amount, but the Batch Total on the report shows the amount of the Check only $34,449.13

I must not be setting some value correctly when importing the batch. Thoughts?
Categories:
  • Cash Batch and Bank Fees
    OK, so manually entering a transaction in our Test database, the distribution worked when Picked RECV (which is the same for the AR Account).

So the entry looked like this:
                  DEBIT         CREDIT
    CASH    1400.00
    AR                             1417.02
    FEE          17.02

In the RM10101 /*Distribution Work and Open */ table, the column SEQNUMBR was different for each record.
    Cash  was 16384
    AR was 32738
    FEE was 49152
    And that seems to have worked.
  • Suggested answer
    Lisa at AonC.com Profile Picture
    Lisa at AonC.com 3,023 on at
    Cash Batch and Bank Fees
    The correct Distribution Type is based on how you are mapping the values into the Amount fields.  Did you do this step to determine what GP is expecting the distribution types to be?  This is the fastest/easiest way to determine what GP is expecting. 

>>If you aren't familiar with Distribution Types, open the unposted transaction in GP Cash Receipts Entry window.  Click Distributions.  Note the distribution types, accounts, and amounts.  Click the Default button.  Note how the values changed from what they were based on your import.

You may find that you don't like the distribution types the default shows and you can fix that by adjusting what Amount fields you are mapping the data to in Integration Manager.
  • Cash Batch and Bank Fees
    For the Bank Fee, I used a Distribution Type of  8 (Other)
    It would not let me use 1 (cash) or 3 (AR) as it thought it was duplicate.

I thought of using 12 (Misc) or 16 (Finance Charge) would one of those or something else be better?
  • Suggested answer
    Lisa at AonC.com Profile Picture
    Lisa at AonC.com 3,023 on at
    Cash Batch and Bank Fees
    Check your Distribution Types.  RECV should total $34,898.32.  CASH should be $34,449.13.  Curious what you have Fee Account distribution type set to.

If you aren't familiar with Distribution Types, open the unposted transaction in GP Cash Receipts Entry window.  Click Distributions.  Note the distribution types, accounts, and amounts.  Click the Default button.  Note how the values changed from what they were based on your import.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans