Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Answered

Status of Ideas

Posted on by 5
I was trying to post this in the Community Feedback forum, but can't figure out how. I hope this is an ok forum to use.

When I am reviewing suggested Ideas in the Dynamics 365 Application Ideas area, I'm curious to know how to interpret their Status Details. I'm aware an idea can have one of the following statuses: Needs Votes, Under Review, Declined, Planned, and Completed.
Where can I find a definition of these statuses? I'm particularly interested in what Under Review means.

Thank you in advance for your time.
  • Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Status of Ideas
    Hi Partner,
    Microsoft has not stated that there is a time limit.
    As in many things, the answer is often, “It depends.” 
    If you find that the proposal you submitted is in Under Review status, you can talk to a member of the product team under that IDEA to get the exact timing.
  • Paul T Profile Picture
    Paul T 5 on at
    Status of Ideas
    Leah Ju, thank you for your incredibly fast response and I've marked it as a verified answer.
    I have a quick follow up question: is there a limit in time for how long an idea can remain Under Review? I get the sense its a relatively short amount of time while a feasibility study is performed?
  • Verified answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Status of Ideas
    Hi Partner,
    You can create a new idea and ask your colleagues to raise up the votes, our product team has direct visibility of these ideas and they will implement it on the basis of the highest number of votes received.
    Under Review means that the product team is concerned about the idea and is discussing whether it can be implemented.

I hope you can verify my answer if it helps you! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans