Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

URL Rewrite Module Selection as part of NAV 2016 CU 67 Setup

Posted on by 3,957

Hi All,

I'm installing NAV 2016 CU67.
While installing the Web Server Components, I'm getting a pop-up to select URL Rewrite Module for IIS.

I tried the following
1. Providing the .exe file from the DVD > Prerequisite Component > IIS URL Rewrite
2. Skipping the pre-requisite check in the installation process but again getting the same issue

I have referred and tried the following-
http://www.mistercloudtech.com/2017/11/24/fatal-error-during-installation-of-dynamics-nav-2015-on-windows-server-2016/

Kindly advise!

Categories:
  • sebsid2 Profile Picture
    sebsid2 12 on at
    URL Rewrite Module Selection as part of NAV 2016 CU 67 Setup
    I got this error today.. tried many different CU's of 2016 but still the same problem. Eventually on the option under Web server components, Add link to Start Menu i chose No. And then it worked. Maybe it might help someone else.

• Suggested answer
    Tech-Lucky Profile Picture
    Tech-Lucky 794 on at
    RE: URL Rewrite Module Selection as part of NAV 2016 CU 67 Setup

Hi,

I have faced the same issue and didn't find any solutions yet it might be a Bug of that CU I am not sure but yes I was able to install the Navision successfully you can try it as well do not choose the custom option while installing Navision use the first Option as Install Demo I know it will create the instance on default ports but once it is installed you can remove the existing Instance and create a new one if you need to have different Ports and Database to be configured.

please verify my Answer if this helps you.

• Suggested answer
    Marco Mels Profile Picture
    Marco Mels on at
    RE: URL Rewrite Module Selection as part of NAV 2016 CU 67 Setup

Hello,

I have not seen this issue myself before, but it could be that you are running an newer OS with IIS 10 and you are installing an older component:

www.saotn.org/.../

Note that Dynamics NAV 2016 is no longer supported so it may be difficult to reach out to Microsoft support.

Thank you.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates