Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Unanswered

Purchase Order Workflow

Posted on by 30

Hi Guys, 

I need some advice on an issue.

I have both Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Order workflows enabled.

When a requisition is fully approved we generate a purchase order. The problem is that the Purchase Order generated from the requisition is automatically submitted to the approver.

What needs to happen is that when I open the Purchase Order, I should be able to review, then submit however when the purchase order is opened, it already has a status of pending user action for the required approver.

Is this how it's supposed to work or is something wrong with my setup?

Categories:
  • RE: Purchase Order Workflow

If you haven't already gotten the answer on this, this is how it will work if you have both the Purchase Requisition Approval and Purchase Order Approval workflows activated in the company database.

Once a requisition is final approved/completed, so it requires no further approval from the Workflow setup, once you then convert it into a PO, it will be pushed through the PO approval workflow. Whether or not it requires approval from the PO Approval workflow would depend on the approval conditions setup within.

There's no functionality to bypass the PO approval workflow if it is active in a company database, regardless of whether the PO is from a requisition that previously went through the requisition workflow or not.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans