Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Runtime metadata is in...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Runtime metadata is invalid because the same metadata artifact has been defined in multiple assemblies

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi all

We created several project in a model under ApplicationSuite.

Now some people decided to use a new Model not und ApplicationSuite to do our Development. For this we moved our existing implementations to the new model.

In the AOT our objects are shown as part of the new model now (only the new model), in the sourceControl Explorer on the Metadata or the old Model our objects are gone but when we compile our stuff we always get the error

Runtime metadata is invalid because the same metadata artifact has been defined in multiple assemblies

The multiple model are the new one and the old one

How can we fix this problem?

• Anthony Profile Picture
    Anthony 3 on at
    @zia ur Rahman answer works.. rebuild model.. 
  • Suggested answer
    Zia Ur Rahman Profile Picture
    Zia Ur Rahman 2 on at
    RE: Runtime metadata is invalid because the same metadata artifact has been defined in multiple assemblies

It Is because your element exists in more than one models8507.metadata-duplication-error.png

In order to find the duplicated models

1->open event viewer

2->selects events for AX-Metadata under dynamics node  all events will be listed down there

3-> view details of that particular event list of duplicated models will be listed there

->remove artifact from Model A then restart visual studio and build your model

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Runtime metadata is invalid because the same metadata artifact has been defined in multiple assemblies

Background :

I was in the learning stage of Dynamics 365. So was trying with creating the all sort of elements in this process I got the same error.

I looked for a solution on Internet but didn't get a proper o/p.

Then, It took me some time but found a solution.

NOTE : This will delete the earlier elements created(It was ok for me)

Solution : Find all the elements which you had created earlier and now shown in the AOT.

->Right on each and select "Open Designer".

->Then right click on the element in the designer window.

->Select "Open Containing Folder" then delete the element form here.

This stopped this error on my instance.

• K scerri Profile Picture
    K scerri on at

Hi Chris, I am facing the same issue. Have you managed to solve this?

I am compiling both models and the issue still persists.

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional on at

For reference, Smit already has his own thread for the question: Deployable Package Issue. As Joris did here, I also suggested recompiling the application.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: AX7 Runtime metadata is invalid because the same metadata artifact has been defined in multiple assemblies

Hi Joris,

I am getting same error while deploying package. Later I came to know it is due to version mismatch (RTW and 1611).

I want to know from where I can get complete list of conflicted elements? From where to delete all those elements?

I am not able to find elements from packages.

It is saying some HCMMap is present in both Application Suite as well Fiscalbooks. But I am not able to find it on Application Suite.

Regards,

Smit

• Suggested answer
    Joris dG Profile Picture
    Joris dG 17,775 on at
    RE: AX7 Runtime metadata is invalid because the same metadata artifact has been defined in multiple assemblies

If you do anything to code, you need to compile it. That includes removing code. So, after removing the code for Application suite, did you recompile the application suite package?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates