Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Answered

Add Remit-To Address for a Vendor

Posted on by

Hello,

I have a user who is trying to Add a REMIT-TO Address for an existing vendor. She said she used to do that in the past. We last updated GP to 2016 about a year ago. I don't see a way to do that as an admin so I don't think it is Security Role related. Can anyone help? 

Thanks,

Shai

tempsnip.png

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    shai4444 Profile Picture
    shai4444 on at
    RE: Add Remit-To Address for a Vendor

Thank you for your response! My colleague was able to figure it out based on your Answer. Looks like the correct user role should be 'VENDORSETUP' and not 'DEFAULTUSER' as it was. The default user was set to use the Modified screen by default. 

gp_5F00_img.png

• Verified answer
    Lisa at AonC.com Profile Picture
    Lisa at AonC.com 3,023 on at

The sa login is a POWERUSER type user (ignores security).  It looks like you have a modified window.  Try taking away access to the modified window and/or remove the customization so that you are getting the unmodified GP window.  (You'll know you are back to the standard GP window - or an unmodified add-in product - when the period before the window name is gone.)

If the Save button is still missing after you make this change, confirm you aren't using a third-party version of the window that may be limiting the core GP functionality.

• shai4444 Profile Picture
    shai4444 on at

The user is trying to create a new REMIT-TO address for this Vendor. Currently this Vendor has only 'Primary' Address. This user used to have the ability to do that in the past but now the Fields are not updateable. If it is Role related, I would expect SA to be able to add that address.

Thanks!

Shai

• Suggested answer
    Lisa at AonC.com Profile Picture
    Lisa at AonC.com 3,023 on at

Could it be that the user is looking for the "Remit To" field (not a "REMIT" address ID) that is found in the Vendor Maintenance window?  (Cards > Purchasing > Vendor.)  The field allows you to select once of the vendor's address IDs.  (A REMIT address ID can be created that is used for the "Remit To" field.)

• shai4444 Profile Picture
    shai4444 on at

They should have that role but I am trying with SA and it is not updateable.

• tjr2jtr2 Profile Picture
    tjr2jtr2 105 on at

Do they have rights to update the vendor card?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans