Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / How to create multiple...
Finance forum
Answered

How to create multiple customer address records with same address and different purpose by importing in DIXF

Posted on by

We need to import customer addresses to D365 F&O, but we finded there have different behaviors between importing in DIXF and user infterface.

Users may create multiple customer address records, these address records have same address and different purpose, i.e. I could create 2 customer address records (address 1 and address 2) associated with customer A, the countries of the address records are all USA, state/city/district are all empty, the streets are all "No. 123 Street test". The purpose of address 1 is Business. The purpose of address 2 is Delivery.

But when I tried to import customer address records in DIXF like act on page, it was failed. I imported a customer address into D365 with purpose "Business", succeed. When I tried to import the second customer address record with purpose "Delivery", I found that instead of creating a new record to save the address with purpose "Delivery" like I expected, system updated the record with purpose "Business" imported before, set the purpose to "Delivery". Then finally I could find only 1 address record, even through I imported many times.

Did any one meet same scenario? How could I resolve it?

Or is it a limit of DIXF?

Categories:
  • Roger Lou Profile Picture
    Roger Lou on at
    RE: How to create multiple customer address records with same address and different purpose by importing in DIXF

Compared 2 records, besides "ADDRESSLOCATIONID", other fields are all same. I tried to generete an ID mannually before imported, then import succeed. It means that if I wanted to do so again, I need to filter all duplicated addresses and generate IDs for those all, then I could import those as I expected.

• Verified answer
    GirishS Profile Picture
    GirishS 27,828 Super User on at
    RE: How to create multiple customer address records with same address and different purpose by importing in DIXF

My suggestion will be create a record with same address and different purpose from UI - And then export the  "Customer postal addresses" from data management and you can compare the two records which you created from UI. Find out which field values are different from two records.

Thanks,

Girish S.

• Roger Lou Profile Picture
    Roger Lou on at

I used entity named "Customer postal addresses" for import customer address.

• GirishS Profile Picture
    GirishS 27,828 Super User on at

Hi Roger,

Which entity you used for importing customer address through data management?

Thanks,

Girish S

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans