Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Scrapping items on a production order

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

What's the best way to scrap items on a production order? For example, once in a while there's a production issue on one of the route operations and all production order items need to go to scrap. The material has been consumed and time has been spent on completed route operations.

Thanks

Categories:
  • AlejandroMtz Profile Picture
    AlejandroMtz 70 on at
    RE: Scrapping items on a production order

Hi Steven..   Can you please details the "write off"  procedure.. I found a comment from you in this post here

and looks pretty much the same.. I need to report only scrap to a Work order, but as seems I need to report 1 OK, then my Scrap Qty and then Write Off the 1 I RAF.

However I don't really know how to do that.. I only know how to report it in the Work order..

Thanks in advance.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

That's exactly how we've been doing it. Doesn't seem very logical but I understand why DAX requires it.

Thanks all!

• Verified answer
    Weaveriski Profile Picture
    Weaveriski 23,616 on at

You have to report 1 because AX has to post the costs. A design anomaly/deficiency but we live with what we have. Book 1 in which absorbs all the costs and then write it off (with a movement journal to scrap!)

• Verified answer
    Community Member Profile Picture

Looks like this is a DAX "issue". According to multiple threads posting 1 as good quantity and the rest as error quantity is the best workaround so that DAX can adjust costs. Then that 1 part can be cycle counted. This is the processed that we've been following and I just wanted to check if there was a proper way to handle it.

community.dynamics.com/.../35980

dynamicsuser.net/.../343900.aspx

Thanks

• Community Member Profile Picture

I did test this previously and I entered the whole order quantity in error quantity field and then reported that production order as finished. The problem is that I cannot end the production order by clicking on the Process >End button. It throws an error - "Missing report as finished quantity". But if I create a Reported as finished journal with good quantity 1 and then the rest as error quantity, then I'm able to end production order (Process >End button)

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Hi S3rg,

You can use the bad quantity field on the report as finished job to register this.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates