Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Business Central versus Finance and Operations

Posted on by 30

Hi

I am new to the world of Business Central and had a few basic questions that hopefully someone may be able to help with.

I work mainly in power platform and f&o.

Is the  Business Central database available via dataverse.

If I am using Power Bi or a Power App can i access the data via a data lake. I.e. Can i link BC data to a data lake via azure synapse link? For example. 

Why would I use BC instead of F&O? 

License costs? Complexity? 

What is the average implementation time for BC? I know there are many factors here but it seems to be about a third of the time as F&O, can anyone comment on this and why i would choose BC over F&O and any advantage disadvantage etc 

Sorry i know this is broad but any help appreciated. 

Regards 

E

• CU17061112-0 Profile Picture
    CU17061112-0 2 on at

I understand you have questions about the differences between Business Central and Finance and Operations. Recently, our business had to change its infrastructure, and we decided to relocate to Singapore. The relocation was smoothly handled with the support of Lanturn, which helped us transfer our employees through the Entre Pass program . This move allowed us to streamline our operations and adapt to new markets efficiently.https://www.lanturn.com/sg/corporate-services/immigration/entre-pass

Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions about the process!

Differences Between Business Central and Finance and Operations

1. Target Audience:

• Business Central: Aimed at small to medium-sized businesses, offering a comprehensive ERP solution with a focus on ease of use.
      • Finance and Operations: Designed for larger enterprises, providing robust features for complex financial and operational needs.
    2. Functionality:

• Business Central: Includes modules for finance, sales, purchasing, inventory, and project management.
      • Finance and Operations: Offers advanced capabilities for supply chain management, manufacturing, and retail.
    3. Integration and Customization:

• Business Central: Easier to implement and integrate with other Microsoft products.
      • Finance and Operations: Highly customizable, suitable for businesses with complex processes and large-scale operations.
  • Suggested answer
    CU30042014-0 Profile Picture
    CU30042014-0 4 on at
    Hi!
    Jumping into Business Central (BC) from Power Platform and Finance & Operations (F&O) is an exciting move! Here's some info that should help clear up your questions:
    • Dataverse and BC? Yep, you can totally pull Business Central data into Dataverse. This makes it super easy to mix it with other apps you're running on the Power Platform.
    • BC Data to Data Lake: Absolutely, you can sync BC data right into a data lake using Azure Synapse Link. It’s pretty slick for getting that real-time data flow going, especially if you’re looking to power up your Power BI or Power Apps.
    • BC vs. F&O: So, BC is usually a better fit for smaller or medium-sized setups. It’s easier to handle, less pricey, and you can get it up and running way faster—think 1 to 3 months tops. F&O is more for the big league with complex needs.
    Hope this helps with your exploration into Business Central! If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
  • Suggested answer
    Buy Superior Quality Fake Currencies Easily! | Acquire Essential Documents. passport, DL, visa, ID, WhatsApp at +1(413)758-9837
       Buy counterfeit banknotes online, Buy fake U.S. dollar/USD, Euro/EUR, fake Japanese yen/JPY, Sterling/GBP, Renminbi/CNY, Australian dollar/AUD, Canadian dollar/CAD.
    Get counterfeit Swiss franc/CHF, Hong Kong dollar/HKD, Singapore dollar/SGD, Swedish krona/SEK, South Korean won/KRW, Norwegian krone/NOK,  New Zealand dollar/NZD, Indian rupee/INR, Mexican peso/MXN, New Taiwan dollar/TWD, South African rand/ZAR, Brazilian real/BRL, Danish krone/DKK, Polish zÅ‚oty/PLN, Thai baht/THB. 

Buy fake Israeli new shekel/ILS, Indonesian rupiah/IDR, Czech koruna/CZK, UAE dirham/AED, Turkish lira/TRY, Hungarian forint, Chilean peso/CLP, Saudi riyal/SAR, Philippine peso/PHP, Malaysian ringgit/MYR, Colombian peso/COP, Russian ruble/RUB, Romanian leu/RON, Peruvian sol/PEN, Bahraini dinar/BHD, Bulgarian lev/BGN, Argentine peso,
      Have you been interested in knowing more about counterfeit currency, be it varying denominations like US Dollars or European Euros? Fascinated by counterfeit CAD bills, perhaps, or the faux British pound? Let me assure you, we've got you covered, extending even to numerous global currencies! telegram= databaseH4ck3r 
    Contact us: 
    telegram= databaseH4ck3r 

passporthome247@gmail.com
    Call/ text / WhatsApp +14137589837
    Discover a Vast Spectrum
    From the realm of Asia with the Indian Rupee, the energetic vibes of South America with the Peruvian Sol, all the way to the snowy caps of Switzerland with their famous Swiss Francs - we're here to assist and inform.
    Diversify Your Inquiries
    Add a touch of Eastern Europe to your inquiries, and explore the likes of Polish Zloty, Swedish Krona, Norwegian Krone, Danish Krone, Czech Koruna, Hungarian Forint, Romanian Leu, and even the lesser-known Scottish Pound.
    To reach out and embark on this journey with us, feel free to WhatsApp at +1(413)758-9837. Remember, we're here to simplify your understanding.
    Acquiring Essential Documents
    We understand that, at times, dealing with paperwork can be a daunting task. That's why we've made the process of obtaining key documents like identification cards, driver's licenses, and passports as simple as possible. We offer a seamless, hassle-free experience that can assist you in navigating the red tape often associated with these processes.
    Essential Personal Documents. Contact us: 
    telegram= databaseH4ck3r 

These include:
    Passports
    Driver’s License
    ID cards
    Achieving these crucial documents online has never been easier or more accessible. Reach out to us via WhatsApp on +1(413)7589837 for a seamless and hassle-free process.
    Immigration Documents
    If you're planning on staying abroad for an extended period, you might need:
    Visas
    Resident Permits
    Working Permits
    We can guide you through every step of these processes, eliminating the customary bureaucratic hurdles.
    Educational Credentials
    Further bolster your resume by legally acquiring:
    Diplomas
    Graduation certificates
    TOEFL and IELTS certificate
    Obtaining these documents doesn't have to involve long waiting periods or rigorous examinations.
    Additional Documents
    Need more assistance? We manage a host of other personal documents too, including:
    Social Security Number/Card
    Adoption Certificates
    Emancipation Documents
    Birth Certificates
    Marriage Certificates
    College Degrees
    Remember, you can reach us at any time via WhatsApp on +1(413)7589837. We're here to make acquiring these necessary documents a straightforward and uncomplicated process.
    Contact us: 
    telegram= databaseH4ck3r 

buy-diploma-visa-passport@googlegroups.com
    buy-fake-cad-online@googlegroups.com
    buy-euros-fake-notes@googlegroups.com
    fake-usd-for-sale@googlegroups.com
    buy-fake-usd-cad@googlegroups.com
    buy-fake-usdaudcadeurogbpmarijuanawhatsapp1413758-9837@googlegroups.com
    buy-mexican-visa-online@googlegroups.com
    buy-painkillers-meds@googlegroups.com
    fake-usd-for-sale-cad-bills@googlegroups.com
    buy-methamphetamine-for-sale@googlegroups.com
  • Business Central versus Finance and Operations
    Hi,
    If you are still looking for differences between F&O and BC video below is worth checking.... 
    https://youtu.be/2vFW54gfFr0
    V
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 62,742 Super User on at
    RE: Business Central versus Finance and Operations

Hi, Just pick a part to answer.

Is the  Business Central database available via dataverse.

Yes, but it cannot be used directly because its data is not stored on the dataverse.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/admin-common-data-service

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/admin-how-to-set-up-a-dynamics-crm-connection

If I am using Power Bi or a Power App can i access the data via a data lake. I.e.

Yes, but this is not directly accessing the database, but only accessing BC's APIs or Web Service. So if the standard APIs are not enough, you need to develop additionally.

pastedimage1678751436221v1.png

pastedimage1678751481789v2.png

Can i link BC data to a data lake via azure synapse link?

I haven't tried it, but it seems to work.

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/it/2022/04/11/host-your-dynamics-365-business-central-data-in-azure-storage/

Why would I use BC instead of F&O? 

https://connamix.com/comparison-bc-finance-and-operations/

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

ZHU

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,753 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,302 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans