Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Error when creating a customer in AX 2012: Field 'customer account' must be filled in

Posted on by 25

Hello,

I keep getting the error to fill in field 'Customer Account' when creating a new customer. However, there is no field called Customer Account on the customer creation form.

I have already filled in all fields just to be sure, ( i only left them blank in the below screenshot as it is personal info). 

When i click 'save and close' or 'save and open', i get the error below. 

Thanks,

Conor 

pastedimage1573644249919v1.png

• Dreamxcell Profile Picture
    Dreamxcell 25 on at
    RE: Error when creating a customer in AX 2012: Field 'customer account' must be filled in

No problem

Thank you to the other guy who also answered. These numbers used to be automatic some months ago, i am not sure if someone changed this, i will check that out also for my own information

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Error when creating a customer in AX 2012: Field 'customer account' must be filled in

You're Welcome!

We have all been there.

Please verify the answers to help others get through the same errors.

Dreamxcell 25 on at

It worked! Thank you so much. Didn't actually think anyone would help me. Much appreciated.

• Verified answer
    Satish Panwar Profile Picture
    Satish Panwar 14,643 on at

Hi Conor,

Can you try setting up customer account number to 'Automatic' based on number sequence and see if you still get this error. If you do, try debugging the system and see what may be wrong. Error is typical when it's not filled in but in your case the record might be getting cleared before the save.

• Verified answer
    Community Member Profile Picture

Try it as below.
    Right click the form, and click open in new window.

This might be the last step you need, next try to restart the workspace to reveal the changes.

EV.png 

Dreamxcell 25 on at

Ok i managed to get into the fields in the dev screen, however it does not let me drag and drop the fields. Maybe i need some type of developer rights in order to do this?

• Verified answer

You have to use Developers work space, pres ctrl+D for easy access.

First thing you do is figure out the form you are using to create a customer.

I believe that might be, DirPartyQuickCreateForm.

Open the form nodes, and under the dataSource node, extend the DirPartyEntity fields.

Drag and drop field AccountNum to the design node, under DialogContentGroup.

Dreamxcell 25 on at

Thank you for your answer. I am here at Accounts receivable/Common/Customers/All customers

Where do i find the custTable DataSource?

Thanks again for your help.

• Verified answer

It seems like you are missing the CustomerAccount Field.

Try this

go to:

Accounts receivable/Common/Customers/All customers

For the same form, drag and drop the customerAccount field from the custTable DataSource to the proper design node, and refresh the form.

After this the CustomerAccount field must be visible above the details group.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates