Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / what technologies are ...
Sales forum
Suggested answer

what technologies are most relevant for modern D365 Sales/CE customisation

Posted on by 2,179
Hi Guys
I'm trying to prioritize what tech I have to learn so I can customize D365 Dataverse apps. below is link i've used but this is old

From what I know you still need JS for client side synchronous and then probably plugin for advanced. Now we have Power Automate where does workflow sit in and do people use Power Automate in real world to replace workflow/plugin based earlier use cases? Is it better to first learn JS and PA and then move on to plugin and lastly workflow? I don't know how PA works in terms of error handling and logging plus any license issues? Lastly can we use power FX and how mature is Power FX 
Categories:
  • Daivat Profile Picture
    Daivat 508 on at
    what technologies are most relevant for modern D365 Sales/CE customisation
    Hello Samantha,

If you want to learn more about customization, you can start with PL-400 certification content. The content require development experience that includes JavaScript, JSON, TypeScript, C#, HTML, .NET, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365, RESTful Web Services, ASP.NET, and Power BI.

If you want to learn more about configurations like adding new columns, table, forms, business rules and configuring the app, you can start from PL-900 certification content. Course PL-900T00-A: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals - Training | Microsoft Learn

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Daivat Vartak

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,835 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,526 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans