Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Suggested answer

How to update all child records after updating the parent record by adding a step in a workflow

Posted on by 6
Hi,

I'll try to describe what I want to achieve using only workflows of the Dynamics CRM 365 system:

In one of our previous CRM systems (which currently can't be accessed), there was an option listed in the (Add Step) menu when editing a workflow, which enabled us to run workflows on all child records in another entity with a 1:N relation.

I hope someone can remind me of the name of that option (plugin) or suggest similar solution to run workflows on child records based on triggers on parent record.
  • Suggested answer
    MS-02051041-0 Profile Picture
    MS-02051041-0 6 on at
    How to update all child records after updating the parent record by adding a step in a workflow
    I've finally found the name of the plugin:

Crm2011DistributeWF
    (Gemina.CRM2011.WF.CrmDistributeWF.DistributeWFActivityOneToMany)
    (Gemina.CRM2011.WF.CrmDistributeWF.DistributeWFActivityManyToMany)

This plugin is simpler than other plugins as it only requires the wf to be distributed and the relationship name.

Other plugins (like UltimateWorkflowToolkit) also require "Record URL(Dynamic)"

I'm currently unable to find this (Crm2011DistributeWF) plugin online and can't migrate it from the old organization to the new one, but initially I'll mark this as an answer.

I'll appreciate it if anyone can provide me with the updated plugin (if such a thing exists).
  • MS-02051041-0 Profile Picture
    MS-02051041-0 6 on at
    Thanks, Ray.

I've actually tried earlier to import the tools in the link you mentioned, but I get the following message:

You can only import solutions with a package version of 9.1 or earlier into this organization. Also, you can't import any solutions into this organization that were exported from Microsoft Dynamics 365 2011 or earlier.
    Error code 80048068.

Our current test Dynamics CRM version is 9.1.9.8 on-premise

The tool 'Update Child Records' might do it for me but it's not the same one we used in the previous system.

The plugin I was looking for had 'xrm' in the name (xrmtools, xrmtoolkit ...)

Further help and suggestions will be much appreciated.
  • Ray Profile Picture
    Ray 1,477 on at
  • MS-02051041-0 Profile Picture
    MS-02051041-0 6 on at
    Forgot to mention that I can only remember it was related to xrmtoolbox, which I've installed and connected to CRM 365 in test environment but couldn't add the option.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates