Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Unanswered

Model driven app Approvals - How to dynamically chose who to send approval to?

Posted on by
Hi,

I have a stage in my model driven app for approvals. When the 'run flow' button is clicked, it triggers a power automate flow to send an approval via teams/email. 
My issue is, I find that I can only input who to send the approval to in the automate - but I want the user to be able to type the persons name in (which should be linked to an email), and then, once the flow is run, this approval can sent to them. I tried to add a "contact' field which is a lookup from my contacts table. I've extracted the email of that person in my automate, and input the dynamic email in the "to" of my automate however it is failing unless I manually type it in.

Does anyone know a work around, or fix for this?

Thanks!

This is the set up on my model driven app.

• Suggested answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

Do you have any other questions? If you have any other questions feel free to ask me.
    If it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more. 

Best regards,
    Cui Hao
  • Suggested answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

I've implemented your needs with Flow.
    I tested this with the existing BPF in the sales environment.

I use /BPF Flow Stage Table Row Id/ in Flow to get all the records in the Lead table, then /parentcontactid/ to get the records in the Contact table, and then I can use the Contact records to send emails.

Finally I managed to run Flow and received the email.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
    Cui Hao

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,480 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,450 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans