Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Answered

In Nav 2018, For FA Location, if Item is in physical location A, and now it is in physical location B, should I also change the FA location? if Yes, how do I do that?

Posted on by 4,221

Hi Community,

In Nav 2018, for FA Location, if Item is in physical location A, and now it is in physical location B, should I also change the FA location? if Yes, how do I do that?

Is it thru FA reclassification? Is there any article or youtube which you can share with me ?

Thank you!

• Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,639 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    RE: In Nav 2018, For FA Location, if Item is in physical location A, and now it is in physical location B, should I also change the FA location? if Yes, how do I do that?

Hi, Yes, and Dimension is generally used if you want to affect accounts entries.

pastedimage1664158977537v1.png

• joshtechsolutions Profile Picture
    joshtechsolutions 4,221 on at
    RE: In Nav 2018, For FA Location, if Item is in physical location A, and now it is in physical location B, should I also change the FA location? if Yes, how do I do that?

Oh.. it's not accounts related? I see. coz my company considered FA location to be an intangible asset location..

But from you and Zhu's answers, it seems like it won't affect accounts entries.

• Suggested answer
    Inge M. Bruvik Profile Picture
    Inge M. Bruvik 32,744 Moderator on at

The field represents the current location for your FA. You can change it at any time. The history of the value is not tracked unless you use the change log. And it does not effect any FA ledger entries.

• Verified answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,639 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Hi, As KTA said, fixed asset location is managed in NAV only by the FA Location Code on the card, if the location has changed, you just need to modify this field directly.
    If you need to manage its history, you can turn on the change log of this field.

pastedimage1664085211407v1.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks

ZHU

• Verified answer
    KTA Profile Picture
    KTA 1,200 on at

As far as I know, it's a field more related to keep track where the fa it's located, not it's a problem to account or anything. So you should be able to change it in fa card. Do you have any problems doing it?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates