Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Some difference in stock value between Trial Balance and Inventory value report

Posted on by 350

Hi

I have some difference in stock value  between Trial Balance and Inventory value report.

Before doing this comparison, i started stock recalculation but no changes !

What I can check please ?

Thanks.

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Some difference in stock value between Trial Balance and Inventory value report

Hi JauB,

Changing the accounts in the inventory posting matrix won't help you after Transactions are already recorded. Also an inventory close won't fix that.

Best regards,

Ludwig

• JauB Profile Picture
    JauB 350 on at
    RE: Some difference in stock value between Trial Balance and Inventory value report

Hi Ludwig,

You mentioned hat you looped some settings. What does that mean? ==> in item groups>inventory >Account type (Issue, Loss ...), the main accounts are not setuped as well as it should be !

So I want to kno, if I put the rights accounts for the right Accounts type, have i to run something to correct the old transactions ? Or there is no possiblity ...?

P.S : The closing of the stock is not made yet.

Thanks

• Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture

Hi JauB,

Before making some corrections you should be absolutely sure about the underlying reason that caused this variance.

You mentioned hat you looped some settings. What does that mean?

Do you know of manual postings on the automatic inventory accounts have been made?

Unless you are sure about the underlying reason that caused the variance I wouldn't do a correction because you might have to do it every month then.

Best regards,

Ludwig

• JauB Profile Picture
    JauB 350 on at

Hi magic1949

When i  : Run the Inventory value report by item group at Inventory management > Reports > Status > Inventory value report by item group and match the financial values of each item group with the trial balance report.   ==> I can see the difference for some items and after analyzing the setup ofr item groups I can see that we looped some settings in "Inventory" accounts. Can you tell me what we have to do after correcting this ? is there some thing to run to correct some entries some where ...?

Thanks.

• Suggested answer
    guk1964 Profile Picture
    guk1964 10,877 on at

Ax in is a double entry system,  so there should be no difference between your sub ledger and TB.

If there is a difference, then something has posted to the wrong account, either because inventory accounts are not locked and manual journals are done in the GL rather than via the sub ledgers or because a posting profile is incorrect.

The reconciliation report Ludwig mentions is  a  good place to start.

Run the Posting by Account report at GL > Reports > Reconciliation > Inventory – Item posting by account and review the transaction by the posting types. This will help in determining the transaction types posted to the inventory accounts and determine whether wrong transactions got posted to inventory accounts .

• Run the Ledger transaction list report at GL > Reports > Transactions > Ledger transactions list to get a list of all transactions that may not have been captured by the Item posting by account report. This will help in analyzing any unwanted transactions(Service item transactions , manual entries etc) incorrectly  posted to inventory accounts.
    • Run the Inventory value report by item group at Inventory management > Reports > Status > Inventory value report by item group and match the financial values of each item group with the trial balance report.

See this recent community post https://community.dynamics.com/ax/f/33/t/239099

See also General Ledger > Reports > All reports under Inventory folder.

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture

Hi,

Have you run the potential conflicts report? This can give you some hints on the underlying cause of the problem.

Another option is the use of a product financial dimension. Have you associated all your products with a product financial dimension? If this is the case you can quickly filter the transactions in the trial balance that are made without financial dimension and possibly caused the problem.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Can you answer this forum question?

You could make someone's day!

Community Newsletter - May 2024

Kudos to our community stars!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture