Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Answered

401k Limit

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hello:

An end user has issue with the annual 401k limit in payroll not calculating correctly. 

At the beginning of 2020, the annual limit was changed to the 2020 contribution limit of $19,500. 

When reviewing an individual who has reached the limit for 2020, the payroll deduction discontinued after reaching $19,000 - the limit for 2019. 

We have checked all set-up options; all limits are set at the $19,500 and the payroll deduction report produced when running payrolls is showing the $19,500 maximum limit. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!  Much appreciated!

John

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: 401k Limit

Hi Terry:

I'm doing fine.  Thank you, for asking!   I hope that things are okay for you, also!

I appreciate all of this information and the quick response!  Thank you!

I'll let you know, if there is anything else.

John

• Suggested answer
    Terry R Heley Profile Picture
    Terry R Heley Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: 401k Limit

Hi John it is Terry, nice to hear from you and Happy Friday!  Hope you are doing well.

There are a couple of items that come to mind when I see / hear this.  One is we could have the Integrity Data product installed which allows you to combine codes and then the maximum is stopping before you think it should.  You look at all the core windows they are OK, but we forget about this combined maximum they could have setup that needs to be adjusted.

Then in 2018 R2 we added some of this functionality too so you will want to verify our setup windows to see if they are using it or have it set up in this fashion.

Here is the blog on our windows and setup

community.dynamics.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-gp-2018-r2-shared-maximums-for-benefits-and-deductions

Thanks

Terry Heley 
    Microsoft

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans