Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / How to add a record us...
Finance forum
Unanswered

How to add a record using the VendInvoiceLine_Project Data Entity using Power Automate

Posted on by 20

Hello community,

I'm working on adding a record to the table VendInvoiceInfoLine_Project, which is associated with lines inside a Vendor Invoice. To do this, I created a custom Data entity based on VendInvoiceInfoLine_ProjectBiEntity. The main difference is that my custom entity is not read-only. However, every time I try to add a record, I got the same error: "Write returned RecId 0 for table row of type 'NPLVendInvoiceInfoLine_ProjectBiEntity'. Infolog: .\r\n", despite including all required fields.

Could someone help clarify how this table is linked to the vendor invoice? Below is an image for better understanding.

Thanks!

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User on at
    How to add a record using the VendInvoiceLine_Project Data Entity using Power Automate
    Hi Mario,

I missed your update. Have you solved your challenge already? If not, the data entity framework is intended to not rely on (reference) record IDs. You mentioned you added the VendInvoiceInfoLineRefRecId, but what else did you do to fill this reference record ID with the correct value?
  • How to add a record using the VendInvoiceLine_Project Data Entity using Power Automate

Hello Andre,

I duplicated the data entity called VendInvoiceInfoLine_ProjectBiEntity, keeping the same fields and adding one called VendInvoiceInfoLineRefRecId from the VendInvoiceInfoLine_Project table. This new field is used to attach the project to the line. That's the only difference.

Thanks!

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User on at
    Hi Mario,

Not fully sure, but I think that there is a record ID reference field on the table VendInvoiceInfoLine_Project. What exact fields have you added in your custom data entity? What identification to link to the invoice line have you implemented? 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans