Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Insights - Data forum
Unanswered

Customer Insights Storage

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi there,

I noticed there is an option of choosing where data ingested into Customer Insights is stored - Customer Insights storage or Azure Data Lake Gen2.

Is there any information that explains why there is an option?

I presume it is to provide the capability of Customer Insights to handle large datasets?

Kind regards,

Halen

• Aditya Kuppa Profile Picture
    Aditya Kuppa 320 on at
    RE: Customer Insights Storage

Hello Halen,

This option to specify a data lake during provisioning will be used for writing output entities from Customer Insights. Ingested entities will always be written to the Customer Insights data lake.

Some of the scenarios where we enable customers specify the lake of their choice for writing output entities is as follows:

1. One of the fundamental reasons is that some customers intend to have entities generated in Customer Insights written to their own lake for their data control scenarios, and they don't intend to have their data outside their own lake/premises.
    2. If they intend to write output entities in Customer Insights lake and export them later, it may be time consuming and additional steps required, instead this option will quickly enable customers access their data.
    3. This will also help Customer Insights write heavy data sets and make available for consumption more seamless to the customer.

Here is the documentation around this - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/ai/customer-insights/create-manage-environment

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you!

Aditya Kuppa

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,914 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,549 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans