Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Unanswered

Two purchase orders are getting created when processing Consolidated opportunity

Posted on by 25
Hi Experts,

Requirement: To create single Purchase order for multiple purchase requisitions for same vendor using consolidation opportunity.
Note 1: Accounting dates and requester/preparer will not be same for all purchase requisitions that are required to be consolidated.
Note 2: Budget control is active for PR and PO process.

Current process is like this,

PR is created and submitted by a user. Somebody approves it and RFQ is created from PR. Once RFQ process is complete, PR is updated and budget is checked for amount and then it is approved. Approved PR fall into "Release approved purchase requisition" form.

To consolidate multiple Purchase requisitions from same vendor which can have different Accounting dates and Requester/Preparer, consolidation opportunity is created. Approved PR lines are fetched in consolidation opportunity. After closing the consolidated opportunity, when we click on "Create purchase order", it creates two purchase orders. Requirement is to have one purchase order. How can we achieve that without customization.

Looking forward to appropriate responses.
  • MA-29041525-0 Profile Picture
    MA-29041525-0 25 on at
    Two purchase orders are getting created when processing Consolidated opportunity
    @andre Thank you for your comment.
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Hi,

I was not aware of these settings not being compatible when budget control is enabled. I hardly have seen implementations myself where budget control was enabled. I'm not aware of any other possible setting in combination with budget control.
    Probably another volunteer on the forum has an idea.
  • MA-29041525-0 Profile Picture
    MA-29041525-0 25 on at
    Thanks @andre for your reply.

I am aware of the functionality that you mentioned but it is not supported with Budget control activated. 
    In our scenario as stated in my requirement section above, we will have budget control activated and then want to create single PO for multiple Purchase requisitions. If there is any functionality to achieve that in the system, please highlight that. Thanks

Regards.
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Hi,

You can manage this with purchasing policies. There is a video on YouTube explaining the consolidation feature. Consolidate Purchase requisitions using batch in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations - Part 2 (youtube.com)

When opening the Purchase order creation and demand consolidation rule on the tab Purchase order split you can enable or disable a split by e.g. the accounting date and requester.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans