Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Post journal from powe...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Post journal from power app

Posted on by 47
I am making a warehouse pick list power app where the user can pick item journal lines attached to asset work orders. I want to add a button to post the project item journal from the power app when the user is done picking. Is it possible to post an item journal from a power app button, or is it impossible since posting runs dynamics code? I was trying to figure out if you can call d365 code or data entity methods from a power app.
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,773 Super User on at
    Hi,

It is possible to call actions (coding on data entities) when using OData. Although it is possible, using a batch job as mentioned by Andreas has a big advantage. If you use background processing, the user will not have to wait until the posting is finished. 
  • CU07051604-0 Profile Picture
    CU07051604-0 47 on at
    Thanks Andreas,

That makes sense. The downside is that there won't be live error feedback to the user of the power app upon posting if it doesn't go through. Have you built anything to fix that point? Also, I am trying to think about how to pick item line from within the power app as well, since picking lines also calls code to do some actions (create movement journal, update item lines). I am thinking that would maybe also have to be a batch job as well but let me know your thoughts. Ideally it would be done on demand through the app or as close to real-time as possible. Thanks for your time.
  • Suggested answer
    andreasraithel Profile Picture
    andreasraithel 4,596 on at
    Hy,
    as far as I know you can not call a action within F&O to post a journal from PowerApp.
    Instead we introduced to have recurring batch jobs running in the F&O to post the open journals, may be a filter for the batch job needs to be applied.

Hope this helps.

Herzliche Grüße / kind regards,

Andreas Raithel
    D365FO Solution Architect 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,773 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,513 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans