Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Email signatures not showing when creating new emails or replying from a Case timeline

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 4
Hello,

odd thing started since yesterday. When I click the + sign in the Timeline of a Case and chose Email, the configured email signature is not showing up.

If I go to Activities and create an email from there it shows.

Anyone having an idea if there is a setting somewhere or where to look?

Thank you
Categories:
Attachments
  • FM-22040757-0 Profile Picture
    FM-22040757-0 4 on at
    Email signatures not showing when creating new emails or replying from a Case timeline
    We are writing some text in the body of the email based on info from the case. Because of this, the signature in not inserted anymore.
    If I comment out the line that sets the value of the description field the signature is showing again.
    It is as if you can either have the signature or write your own text when doing new emails.

When replying emails the signature, along with the text of the original email, is showing.

They only option now seems to instruct the users to manually do an Insert Email Signature.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.
    Thank you
    Here is the code we use
                        //Set Case Description
                        var description = executionContext.getFormContext().getAttribute("description").getValue();
                        if (description == null && caseDescription != null) {
                            description = "Description: " + caseDescription;
                            var description = executionContext.getFormContext().getAttribute("description").setValue(description);
                        }
    if I comment out the last line the signature shows again but obviously we are not getting in the body of the email what we want
                        //Set Case Description
                        var description = executionContext.getFormContext().getAttribute("description").getValue();
                        if (description == null && caseDescription != null) {
                            description = "Description: " + caseDescription;
    //                        var description = executionContext.getFormContext().getAttribute("description").setValue(description);
                        }

• Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    On my initial test, not sure if I reproduced your situation:
    --When i create email from the timeline of the case, the signature is not displayed immediately but can be displayed after saving the current record.

Just try, I turned off the "new look" feature and it worked fine.
    Then I turned it on again and the magic happened, the signature now shows up correctly.
    Don't know why, but anyway it worked, maybe you can try the same!

All in all, the email signature autofill is as it should be, and if it still doesn't work, you can open a ticket with the Microsoft support team。

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,266 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,978 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans