Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Pros and Cons of Power...
Finance forum
Unanswered

Pros and Cons of Power Automate and Logic Apps

Posted on by 73
Hello,

What is the different between Power Automate and Logic Apps ? except Power Automate is Power Platform family and Logic Apps is Azure family, and Logic Apps actually the "backbone" of Power Automate.

Another things that I know also is about target user, Power Automate is for business user because it is low code / no code, and Logic Apps is for developers, but I don't the different because it is looks the same, and in both of them is low code / no code.

I am still confuse of how to decided what to use, if I take look, it is similar, so why one choosing Power Automate and one choosing Logic Apps ? 
In what case or processes, one use Logic Apps and what case better use Power Automate ?

Thanks
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 285,642 Super User on at
    Hi,

You don't use Logic Apps in F&O. From Logic Apps, you can use the Fin & Ops or Dataverse (virtual entities) connector. You can also call a F&O data management API to start an import or export project.
  • Anton Venter Profile Picture
    Anton Venter 7,696 Super User on at
    Hello,

In the Logic App designer, you have to use the Fin & Ops connector. You then make a connection to your environment. See screenshot and link below.

• CU03050731-0 Profile Picture
    CU03050731-0 73 on at
    Hi Andre,

Thank you your kind reply. May I know deeper about this, for example how to implement Logic Apps in real D365 F&O environment ? I can't find good blog with an example of the project beside the explanation of the "meaning" of those, like what I and you are mentioned.

But again, thank you. It is more clearer now, that Logic Apps is more for integration tools. I just found a good blog talking about EDI and there is one page describe in detail with screen shot how to setup Logic Apps -> https://alagappan-t.medium.com/building-b2b-azure-logic-apps-for-sending-and-receiving-the-as2-messages-b65a071b6d92

Unfortunately, this is on how to use Logic Apps only but I don't know yet exactly how to use it in D365 F&O.

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 285,642 Super User on at
    Hi,

Your question is not directly related to Dynamics 365 Finance. Consider Logic Apps more as an integration tool and Power Automate as end-user automation tool.  The majority of the connectors are supported for both, but there are some differences. E.g. AS2 (Used for EDI) is not supported for Power Automate. Approvals can not be used with Logic Apps.

There is also a difference in licensing/pricing.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,642 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,485 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans