Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 general forum
Answered

Customise Site Map

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

We recently upgraded to Dynamics 365 version 9.  We have the online version.  We notice the navigation bar has changed and there is a request by users to change the order of the sub-menu items under sales.  I have found the site map - which has the details - see screen shot.

0676.Site-Map.PNG

The site map is of course managed - and so while I can edit this site map - see screenshot.  I cannot save the changes - which are quite simply to drag some menu items from the far right, towards the left

5466.Edit-Site-Map.PNG

Does anyone know how I can updated the site map?

Thanks Bianca

• Verified answer
    RaviKashyap Profile Picture
    RaviKashyap 55,410 on at
    RE: Customise Site Map

I suspected that. For each of our client we are facing the same issue after the upgrade and the fix is to manually update the sitemap.xml and assign a different id's

You need to -

1) Create a new solution

2) Add the sitemap

3) Export the solution

4) Open the customization.xml

5) Find the duplicate id's and change it to something unique (I personally appended that with numbers i.e. nav_quotes1, nav_quotes2 etc)

6) Once all the id's are fixed, sip all the files back and import that into CRM.

You can refer this blog on this: www.powerobjects.com/.../sitemap-editing-in-crm-2011

The alternate, easy option (if it works) is to use the sitemap editor tool inside XRM Toolbox.  www.youtube.com/watch

Hope this helps.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Yes - I have 50.  There appear to be a number of duplicate ID's.  E.g. Accounts exists under both Sales > Sales and Sales > Customers.  I'm happy to remove them, but again - I'd have to be able to edit the site map.  Reading about this further - I would have to export the site map - but I do not appear to have an export selected customizations menu item.  How in the world do I find the customizations.xml for just the site map?

Thanks Bianca

• RaviKashyap Profile Picture
    RaviKashyap 55,410 on at

Hi Bianca,

Did you get any error messages when you load the sitemap? The buttons should be enabled by default. I have seen if there are any issues with the sitemap then the button gets disabled.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

So in the client extensions - I can select the Site Map and click EDIT.

Clients-Extensions-2.png

Then I can click on the sales heading and see the sub menu items.  For example, below if I wanted to move Marketing to sit before Customers - I can drag this across.  What I can't do is Save this change.

Clients-Extensions-2.png

If you look on the first screenshot here you can see that I don't have any ability to add a new Site Map.  Is there somewhere else I create an unmanaged site map?  I don't need to add anything further to the site map - just change the order in which the sub menu's appear.

Thanks Bianca

• Verified answer
    gdas Profile Picture
    gdas 50,083 on at

Hi ,

You should create an unmanaged solution and add the entity over there which you need  . Next steps in  the unmanaged solution go to client extension from navigation pane , click on add existing from ribbon to add the sitemap. 

Once the sitemap added in the solution , click on Edit button to modify sitemap.

sitemap.png

Hope this helps.

• LeoAlt Profile Picture
    LeoAlt 16,329 on at

Hi partner,

I have tried to move custom entity1 from sales to service on my environment and it worked.

My version is 1710 (9.1.0.299) online sandbox.

WeChat-Screenshot_5F00_20181114170856.png

Could you kindly share more custom information, otherwise I suggest that you could raise a service ticket to Microsoft in Admin Center to ask the Dynamic 365 engineer check your instance.

Best Regards

Leo

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates