Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Dynamics 365 add in no...
Finance forum
Answered

Dynamics 365 add in not showing in Office 365 despite being added to the admin portal as a service

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi everyone

Actually I am able to see Dynamics 365 from the portal when I log in as user steve_scott@unicast.ca, but that user is unable to export from Dynamics 365 into Excell 365. It is saying that he doesn’t have the required add-in. He has the add-in listed under “Admin Managed” but when I hit the Add button, nothing happens. It also sometimes gives the message “Sorry, Office 365 has been configured to prevent individual acquisition of Office Store Add-ins.” We aren’t trying to buy more add-ins, just trying to export from Dynamics 365 into Excell

This is the error I am getting 

forumadd.PNG

This is all that is listed, I hit the Go button for everything listed in the drop down menu and I see no signs of Dynamics 365 plugins.

addinex.PNG

Categories:
Attachments
  • Verified answer
    Solozmar Profile Picture
    Solozmar 796 on at
    RE: Dynamics 365 add in not showing in Office 365 despite being added to the admin portal as a service

Finally figured it out. 

The centralized deployment documentation itself doesn't state what has to happen to make this work with FO.  The troubleshooting section does under Office Integration.  Once I set the values as described below, the templates lines loaded. 

Can the Excel Add-in and Word Add-in be made available to users using Centralized Deployment?

Yes, Centralized Deployment is supported. For more information, see Centralized Deployment.

To use Centralized Deployment, on the App parameters tab on the Office App Parameters page change the App ID, Store, and Store Type:

• App ID: 61bcc63f-b860-4280-8280-3e4fb5ea7726
    • Store: EXCatalog
    • Store Type: Centralized Deployment

In case a change back to Office Store is needed, the standard values are:

• App ID: WA104379629
    • Store: en-US
    • Store Type: Office Store

OfficeApp.jpg

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Dynamics 365 add in not showing in Office 365 despite being added to the admin portal as a service

As Solomon Maricle replied, that would defeat the purpose of allowing the app administratively if you enable allowing store apps.  I don't understand what the setting of "Allow people to use third-party hosted storage services" would have to do with this issue.

• Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,266 Super User on at

Hi,

Above, there was already a link shared by Mattguo.

docs.microsoft.com/.../centralized-deployment-of-add-ins

docs.microsoft.com/.../manage-deployment-of-add-ins

Have you verified all steps and setup?

• Community Member Profile Picture

Has anyone found a solution to this?  I am running into the exact same issue.  The Add-In is listed under Admin Managed and works if you load the Add-In and manually connect.  When you download any of the Excel templates you get the error about the store.  The Excel sheets seem to be coded to look in the store only and not under the admin managed section.

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture

[quote user=""Solomon"][/quote]

I am running into what may be the same, or similar issue myself right now.  The organization setting is to not allow for users to individually enable add-ons, but they can receive them administratively.  I enabled it for my own account and can open a new excel sheet and connect, load and publish just fine. 

But if I I attempt to open a General Ledger Journal lines template, I get the below error when I push "Enable editing"

addon.jpg

But can see the Admin managed addon:

addon.jpg

I was having this same issue with one of our users when trying to connect to a clients instance of Dynamics.

We have our own O365 tenant set up in the same way as yours (Add-in listed under Admin Managed, Store is disabled for users), so for us the solution for us was to open Excel and click on your username and select "Switch user" and log on using the clients credentials.

After that we were able to download Ledgers from the clients web portal and open in excel with no problems.

Hope this helps!

• Solozmar Profile Picture
    Solozmar 796 on at

I had considered that approach but my understanding is that would defeat the purpose of allowing the app administratively, as our company doesn't allow that option to be enabled.

• MATTGUO Profile Picture
    MATTGUO 22,288 on at

Hi, Solomon,

Do you try to change the O365 setting: docs.microsoft.com/.../manage-deployment-of-add-ins

• Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center.

• Click Settings > Services & add-ins.

• Click Office Online.

• Click the toggle next to Allow peple to use third-party hosted storage services so that it's in the Off position.

• Solozmar Profile Picture
    Solozmar 796 on at

I am running into what may be the same, or similar issue myself right now.  The organization setting is to not allow for users to individually enable add-ons, but they can receive them administratively.  I enabled it for my own account and can open a new excel sheet and connect, load and publish just fine. 

But if I I attempt to open a General Ledger Journal lines template, I get the below error when I push "Enable editing"

addon.jpg

But can see the Admin managed addon:

addon.jpg

• MATTGUO Profile Picture
    MATTGUO 22,288 on at

Hi dynamicsjunkie,

Can the "open in excel" feature be used in D365FO?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,266 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,978 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans