Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Error while syncing th...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Error while syncing the project artifacts in d365 in the unified developer experience

Posted on by 2
As we all know Microsoft has launched a big change for the developers who are working on d365fo which is unified developer experience, to add Dynamics 365 and Power platform under one umbrella. So I have got a problem while DBSync my model.

I have developed some new tables for my development and as the requirement changes i have also change the field types of my tables. But after making the change I have got the error while syncing my model.

Kindly provide me some solution regarding this problem.
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User on at
    Error while syncing the project artifacts in d365 in the unified developer experience
    In case this is a regular table, have you changed the field type?
  • CU23060249-0 Profile Picture
    CU23060249-0 2 on at
    No it's not a staging table basically I have named this table as staging. In actual its a regular table
  • Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User on at
    Hi,

I found your question in a wrong forum (CRM) and moved it to the Dynamics 365 Finance forum as this is not related to CRM development.

The error states that it tries to change the type of a field which is not possible. When trying to read some of the table names that are scrambled, I think this is a staging table. Is my assumption correct? In that case, check the table design as staging tables should have a string type field for enumerations. The type you are now trying to sync is an enum type which is incorrect if this is indeed a staging table.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,425 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans