Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

Error while Transfer Receipt from In-transit Lot in Transfer Order

Posted on by 272

Dear All,

I am facing one issue regarding Transfer Order. While posting of Transfer Receipt on Order showing error You must assign a lot number for item XYZ.

The Remaining Qty is available in In-Transit Location, but lot is showing in Item tracking lines of Standing Transfer Order.

Please guide.

• Suggested answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 5,453 Super User on at
    this is weird. user put in tracking info when posting shipment. The lot no. should flow to the inventory at the in transit location. I would try to find a pattern to the issue. For example does this happen to a specific item or all tracked items? does it happen to all locations etc. 

you could also consider use reclassification journal to move items across locations if proper.
  • PV_Ind Profile Picture
    PV_Ind 2 on at
    Even I am facing same issue with multiple orders in BC 22. I can see item tracking number in Shipment but no item tracking in Receipt. I can see the inventory available at IN-TRANSIT but still it gives error while posting the receive order. What is the permanent solution for this?
  • Error while Transfer Receipt from In-transit Lot in Transfer Order
    Is this problem Solved @gdp
  • Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Error while Transfer Receipt from In-transit Lot in Transfer Order

GDP,

I am leaning towards a bug and given this is random and you can outline the issue, I would highly recommend submitting a Support Ticket to Microsoft so they can investigate. I cannot recreate this in my Cronus version (v14 and v17).

If you encounter this again. Stop and try to take create a Sandbox of the PROD database so you have a copy of the issue to recreate for Microsoft.

Thanks,

Steve

• GwaindepyKudah Profile Picture
    GwaindepyKudah 57 on at

Hi, I have set Lot Transfer Tracking to TRUE. sometimes it transfers and receives just fine. but sometimes it does not, say i have a line with 5 Lots in tracking, sometimes it picks only 2 Lots instead of 5 on auto populating for the receiving function. its very weird because this happens randomly

• Suggested answer

GDP,

Are you saying that you have a Transfer Order and you ship multiple lines and within each you have multiple Lots. Now I have to believe that each item is set to Item Tracking Lines and the Lot Tracking Code has the correct setup to track Transfers. The reason I ask is what you stated... If my Item has Lot Transfer Tracking = TRUE, then I must enter them on Ship and they will be auto-populated for Receipt. You stated sometimes they are missing which leads me to the notion the Lot Tracking Code might be the issue. See if this is the issue.

pastedimage1611601111477v1.png

Hope this helps.

Steve

GwaindepyKudah 57 on at

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your response,

to answer you, i did almost the same process as yours. the only difference is that my transfer order may have multiple lines (say 5 lines) and on each line i track the quantity using Multiple lots ( say a minimum of 3 lots per line)

The order ships just fine, problem arises when i want to receive, some of my lines come with missing lots (and worse i cant add these lots from the item tracking lines page). The Order will not receive at all. i am on version 14 which gives me access to the old Nav Development environment so i actually have to enter the missing line manually in the reservation entry table to be able to post.

Worse of all i am not figuring out the situation the triggers this issue because its reported by the customer from time to time. i try to replicate it from the test environment and it posts and tracks fine. so currently i actually have to wait for the customer to report is again and again.

i once encountered this issue on Nav 2017 and thought its a random issue, now its causing even bigger problems and unfortunately i have not been able to find a solution

• Suggested answer

GDP,

Thought I'd jump in on this issue...  I took your example and created in V14 a Transfer Order, no Warehouse Receipt documents, and 1 Item has a Lot Number the other does not and here are my images:

pastedimage1611596928913v1.png

Next add the Lot Number for the 80218-T Item/Shipment:

pastedimage1611597046411v2.png

Now let's Post - Transfer Ship:

pastedimage1611597089384v3.png

Now let's Receive and enter Lot Number of the 80218-T and Post:

pastedimage1611597133164v4.pngpastedimage1611597149757v5.pngpastedimage1611597198538v6.png

Note: The Lot Number auto-populates from the Post - Ship process to the Item Tracking Lines - receipt screen.

pastedimage1611597212701v7.png

Now that you have seen my example what is different in your process that is causing the issue?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Steve

GwaindepyKudah 57 on at

Has there been a solution to this issue? i am using Business central Version 14 and its still there.

GwaindepyKudah 57 on at

this is a temporary fix and we cant do it every time the problem happens, have Microsoft done anything to resolve this?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,480 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,450 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans