Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Upgrade from 10.0.31 t...
Finance forum
Answered

Upgrade from 10.0.31 to 10.0.35 Multiple random build and database sync errors. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on by 452
Hello D365 Finance developer gurus,

Can you help me with this problem.  Here's what I've done so far:
  1. Created new cloud hosted build environment selecting 10.0.35 application release.
  2. Created Software Deployable package based on our current production 10.0.31, capturing 236 hotfixes.
  3. Applied above SDP from step #2 to environment created in step #1
  4. Set up visual studio in environment created in step #1 and mapped it to our Main code branch.
  5. Installed new ISV code for Taxes and Document management (CCH SureTax and CCH SureAddress + Docentric) (Add to source control etc, refresh modules, full build.)
Note the Main code branch was working fine on my 10.0.31 cloud-hosted development environment.

I am receiving weird inconsistent sync errors but this one operation and result seems to be the most significant and repeated:
When I try a database sync I receive the following error text in the sync window:

Log level - Warning | [DbSync: 7.0.30606.0] [Platform: 7.0.6972.82] [SourcePlatform: 7.0.6972.82]: WideIndexesValidator: Table 'RETAILTRANSACTIONSALESTRANS' has index 'IX_RETAILTRANSACTIONSALESTRANS_TRANSACTIONID' with a high number of columns: 48
Log level - Error | Module 'WWISupplyChain' is missing the following dependencies: 'WWIFinance'. Module 'WWIProject' is missing the following dependencies: 'WWIFinance'.
Log level - Error | Module 'WWISupplyChain' is missing the following dependencies: 'WWIFinance'. Module 'WWIProject' is missing the following dependencies: 'WWIFinance'.
Database synchronization completed (28637 ms). Errors found.
syncengine.exe exited with code -1.

Note: I have accessed the Model Management > Update model parameters and verified that both WWISupplyChain and WWIProject have WWIFinance as a referenced package. I've saved those project files and checked in those pending changes.
But when I view package dependencies incoming referenes WWIFinance doesn't show for WWISupplyChain or WWIProject.  Plus if I try a database sync again the same error is presented:

Severity    Code    Project    Description    File    Line    Suppression State
Error            Log level - Error | Module 'WWISupplyChain' is missing the following dependencies: 'WWIFinance'. Module 'WWIProject' is missing the following dependencies: 'WWIFinance'.        0    
Error            syncengine.exe exited with code -1.        1  

Note on this attempt at database sync the message about Table 'RETAILTRANSACTIONSALESTRANS' has index 'IX_RETAILTRANSACTIONSALESTRANS_TRANSACTIONID' with a high number of columns: 48 is no longer presented.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix my code base to allow the database sync to succeed?

Thanks again.
  • jt1024 Profile Picture
    jt1024 452 on at
    Upgrade from 10.0.31 to 10.0.35 Multiple random build and database sync errors. What am I doing wrong?
    Hello Martin, Andre,

I didn't quite construct the right meaning in my head from Martin's initial suggestion, but yes now that I've added FinTag as a reference module to WWIFinance it's working.

Thanks again for your time and assistance!
     Jim
  • Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional on at
    Did the reference solve the compilation problem.

When I say "you must compile all non-binary packages you got from source control", it doesn't mean that you "should build all the microsoft packages when you create a new Cloud Hosted development environment". These are two completely different things.

When you install a new environment, it comes from compiled Microsoft code.

Then you get your code from your version control system and you must compile this code, because there is just source code, not binaries generated from source code.
  • Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi jt1024,

When we updated our Invoice Workflow Solution to 10.0.32 and above, we also had indeed a missing reference to the new FinTag module. As you have your source code/build now on 10.0.35, you would need to add the reference. Note that you can't install a 10.0.35 package on a 10.0.31 production environment. To be able to deploy a package generated by a 10.0.35 environment, the target environment should have at minimum the same version.
  • jt1024 Profile Picture
    jt1024 452 on at
    Hello Martin,

Good to dialogue with you again here on the community!

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.  I'm looking for the table in my old 10.0.31 development environment. (Currently production is at 10.0.31, and we're testing 10.0.35)   I note you shared that Finance Tag feature was introduced in 10.0.32.  So it's weird that our code and ERP is currently at 10.0.31 and I haven't changed anything for the 10.0.35 testing, is somehow now being flagged by the compiler as referencing the FinTag.RecID or OffsetFinTag.

Question: When you say "By the way, you must compile all non-binary packages you got from source control, because they contain (or should contain) just source code, not binaries." Do you mean that when I create a new Cloud Hosted development environment I should build all the microsoft packages before trying to build my ISV or Company custome packages?

- Jim
  • Verified answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional on at
    It seem that your WWIFinance module uses FinTag table, but it can't find it. Please check that the table exists in the environment (it should) and that WWIFinance has a reference to its package. I assume that adding this reference will solve the problem.

The financial tag feature was introduced in 10.0.32.

By the way, you must compile all non-binary packages you got from source control, because they contain (or should contain) just source code, not binaries.
  • jt1024 Profile Picture
    jt1024 452 on at
    I just built the WWIFinance by itself, and I see this error, I'm wondering if it's due to a core application change that our customization wasn't set up correctly to handle.  See errors below.  I'm wondering if some aspect of this https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/finance/general-ledger/financial-tag has changed in a way that our module can't handle, and as such the module fails, then the dependencies fail as a result?

What do you think?

Severity    Code  Project     Description  File  Line  Suppression State
    Error Path: [AxDataEntityView/LedgerJournalEntity/Metadata/LedgerJournalTable/DataSources/LedgerJournalTrans/DataSources/FinTag/Relations/QueryDataSourceRelation1/TableField]:Failed to locate table field for FinTag.RecId. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\ApplicationSuite\Foundation\AxDataEntityView\LedgerJournalEntity.xml 

Error Path: [AxDataEntityView/LedgerJournalEntity/Metadata/LedgerJournalTable/DataSources/LedgerJournalTrans/DataSources/FinTag]:The table/view/data entity 'FinTag' could not be found. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\ApplicationSuite\Foundation\AxDataEntityView\LedgerJournalEntity.xml 

Error Path: [AxDataEntityView/LedgerJournalEntity/Metadata/LedgerJournalTable/DataSources/LedgerJournalTrans/DataSources/OffsetFinTag/Relations/QueryDataSourceRelation1/TableField]:Failed to locate table field for FinTag.RecId. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\ApplicationSuite\Foundation\AxDataEntityView\LedgerJournalEntity.xml 

Error Path: [AxDataEntityView/LedgerJournalEntity/Metadata/LedgerJournalTable/DataSources/LedgerJournalTrans/DataSources/OffsetFinTag]:The table/view/data entity 'OffsetFinTag' could not be found. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\ApplicationSuite\Foundation\AxDataEntityView\LedgerJournalEntity.xml 

Error Path: [AxDataEntityViewExtension/LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension/Fields/FinTagDisplayValue/DataField]:Field 'DisplayValue' does not exist on data source 'FinTag'. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\WWIFinance\WWIFinance\AxDataEntityViewExtension\LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension.xml 

Error Path: [AxDataEntityViewExtension/LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension/Fields/FinTagDisplayValue/FeatureClass]:Class 'FinTagFeature' does not exist. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\WWIFinance\WWIFinance\AxDataEntityViewExtension\LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension.xml 

Error Path: [AxDataEntityViewExtension/LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension/Fields/OffsetFinTagDisplayValue/DataField]:Field 'DisplayValue' does not exist on data source 'OffsetFinTag'. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\WWIFinance\WWIFinance\AxDataEntityViewExtension\LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension.xml 

Error Path: [AxDataEntityViewExtension/LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension/Fields/OffsetFinTagDisplayValue/FeatureClass]:Class 'FinTagFeature' does not exist. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\WWIFinance\WWIFinance\AxDataEntityViewExtension\LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension.xml 

Error Path: [AxDataEntityViewExtension/LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension/ViewMetadata/DataSources/LedgerJournalTable/DataSources/LedgerJournalTrans/DataSources/FinTag/Table]:Table 'FinTag' does not exist. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\WWIFinance\WWIFinance\AxDataEntityViewExtension\LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension.xml 

Error Path: [AxDataEntityViewExtension/LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension/ViewMetadata/DataSources/LedgerJournalTable/DataSources/LedgerJournalTrans/DataSources/OffsetFinTag/Table]:Table 'FinTag' does not exist. K:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\WWIFinance\WWIFinance\AxDataEntityViewExtension\LedgerJournalEntity.WWIExtension.xml 

• jt1024 Profile Picture
    jt1024 452 on at
    Hello Andre,

Thank for your time in replying to my post.

The WWI stuff.... that's our own customizations unfortunately. WWI is an abbreviation of our company name.

I checked the dependencies and the descriptor xml directly, WWISupplyChain and WWIProject each have WWIFinance called out as a dependency.

One thought I had was this: Since we're upgrading from 10.0.31 to 10.0.35 I wonder if there's some basic method change that's making visual studio think that the dependency is missing?

What are some routes you would explore to diagnose and solve this issue?

- Jim
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi jt1024,

Can you check who provided the models starting with 'WWI'? You can contact the vendor or developer for some guidance what exact models are missing or if you added some incorrect models as part of your single deployable package.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates